Catastrophe and the Cure: Chapter 1

'And the shadows are your friends, those souls with a cold touch' I repeatedly told myself.

I was all alone, with absolutely no one by my side. Although I knew the feeling quite well, it still seemed to set a feeling right inside my gut, that made me wanna yank my own hair straight out of my head.

The streets were dark and rather cold, with stop lights that annoyed the bit of vision I was barely able to reconstruct. I walked, what didn't seem like a good walk, if any police officer were to find me right then in there, I know I'd be spending my night in a much more colder locked up place, but with the feeling of the cold streets, maybe a cell wouldn't be such a bad place to spend the night. Afterall, I wouldn't be wondering the streets with bumms.

(4 Months Earlier...)

I'm rushing to get ready for the first day of school. School starts at 7:45am with a 5minute safety bell ring.

I had woken up at 6:00am to shower and get ready. It is now 7:15am, I can't seem to find anything good to wear, so I just grab the fastest thing that seems comfortable enough for what will mostlikely be a long "Hello!", "How you been?", "How was your summer?", blah blah blah day...

I'm standing in front of a mirror, adding some eyeliner before I head out. I'm all done and ready to go.

My little sister Michelle is getting ready for her first day in school too, while my baby sister Jesse is watching Shrek, repeating all of the words I too seem to recognize.

About 6 minutes it had taken me to make it to school. I didn't live far from my high school, but traffic made it a bit more of a drag. All those parents rushing and honking their lives away just so they can go back home and get a bit more of sleep before their lives went back to the real world where they had to work 9-5 hour jobs. I was just happy I had a small car that fit through all the free spaces between the other cars.

My parents had gotten me a new car over summer. I had turned 16 and since I wasn't able to have a

birthday party, you know, those with the big dresses, big hair styles, big cakes, and big ladies grinding

against skinny hopeless man. Well, my parents felt bad and they got me a car as soon as I came back

from my trip in Spain. I went to Spain with my family, because I wasn't acting very lady-like. Like being a

girl isn't had enough, being a girl and having a girl on girl relationship wasn't very lady-like at all. It only

made things alot worse.

Anyway, I was finally at school, parked my Pearl 2003 Infinity G30 in the parking lot at my high school.

I grabbed my red Jansport backpack with a hello kitty pocket sewed on to it, and walked to the inside

basketball courts where they have the "pick your schedules up" chaos. After waiting for what seemed forever and a million years, I finally got my turn. The girl in front of me said hello and asked for my name and last name. I clearly said 'Adams, Lora' I seemed to hesitate a bit so I cleared my throat and said 'first name Lora, last name Adams'. She smiled at me and I gave her a soft smile. She was small, small porportioned I mean. She had big brown eyes hovered by massive lashes. I was envious for a bit. Her bright white smile made me bite my lip. She was deffinately cute. One I would go after. But she seemed sweet, one I would feel a bit of a sympathy after moving on to the next one.

After the thoughts of the things I'd do to her vanished, I heard her ask if I was sure I even signed up for school. I simply said 'I didnt think I had to, when was all of this given to notice?', she smiled a huge smile, full of teeth and kindness and replied 'I think I should show you where you need to go..' my eyes looked around and went back to her, she gave me her number and asked for mine. I gave her my number after a long pause, questioning if this was right or not. Either way, I wouldn't change a thing.