The Broken Bond

Because Kakashi went to another mission, even Team 14, Team 7 have to go on a B-rank mission on their own due to the shortage of shinobi because of the Konoha Crush. They went to the Land of Tea to guard a certain person, who is a former shinobi, that act as a representative during a race. To their surprise, the representative is Morino Idate, the supposed missing and deceased brother of Morino Ibiki. Through the mission, they fight with the person who betrayed Idate and make him a missing-nin. Despite defeat the enemy and ensure Idate's safety, Sasuke is depressed because Naruto beat the person he could beaten. When Naruto have gotten stronger, Sasuke dislike it and despise him for that.

《Opening - Seishun Kyousoukyoku》

(Konohagakure)
(Hospital)
(Room)

Sometimes after they returned, Shikamaru get promoted to become a chunin because of his intelligence back at the Chunin Exam. Few days after returned to the village and being hospitalised, Sasuke still felt depressed that Naruto has gotten stronger. When Naruto and Sakura went to visit him, Sasuke lash out at Sakura in anger for no reason which cause him and Naruto to retaliate.

Naruto: Just what is your problem?!

Sasuke: It's you, Naruto!

Naruto: Huh? What are you talking about?

Sasuke: Meet me at the roof. Now.

Naruto: For what?

Sasuke: You'll see what we get there.

He let go of Naruto before walk ahead, even stepping one of the sliced apple that Sakura make for him. Sakura felt worried about this as Naruto follow Sasuke and they both head to the roof.

(Roof)

When they've reached the roof, Naruto and Sasuke stand in front of each other.

Sasuke: Naruto, fight me. Right here and now.

Naruto: Fine, but wear your headband first. I'll wait until you done.

Sasuke: Huh? Why should I?

Naruto: That is the proof of our pride as a Konoha shinobi. Gramps told us about that. And that headband is also the proof that we both stand equal against each other!

Sasuke: Heh, as if I need something like that. *point at his forehead* Why do I need that when someone like you can't even land a scratch on my forehead?!

Naruto: Sasuke, why you...!

Sasuke: *activate his Sharingan* Now, come at me, Naruto!

Both of them lunge forward and start fighting each other. Despite they fight, they unconsciously don't want to fight at all and wish to stop at all cost. But their body didn't respond to what they actually thinking now.

Naruto: *in mind* I need to stop...!

Sasuke: *in mind* Why can't I stop...?!

They keep throwing hits at each other, even using both ninjutsu and taijutsu in the fight. As Sakura arrives at the roof, she sees Naruto have produce a shadow clone before create a Rasengan in his right palm while Sasuke weave a hand seal before create a Chidori in his left palm.

Sasuke: *in mind* At this rate, I'm gonna kill Naruto...! I had to stop!

Naruto: *in mind* Why my body won't listen?! I'm going to kill Sasuke...!