Get Together

Calling off the date on Sunday had not been a problem. It had been a hard week for Bad's marriage and the date naturally evaporated with every incident.

"I'm going out tonight with some work friends..." Bad said while leaning on the archway.

Skeppy was laid out on the couch, deep into a text conversation. "Put the kids to bed first."

"I will..." Bad walked over and sat on the couch. "You be good, okay?"

"I'm not a child, Bad."

"You act like one." Bad said and leaned down for a kiss.

"Bad, I'm busy." Skeppy moved away.

"Too busy for a kiss?" Bad pouted.

"Yes. Go get the kids in bed before you go."

Bad got up and went down the hall, quietly steaming with anger. And a small hint of sadness.

He opened Dapper's door. "Dapper! Bedtime buddy."

"Okay." Dapper pulled off his headset. Then he noticed his dad was dressed in his nice jeans and a simple white button up. "Are you and dad going out?"

"No I'm going out with a group of work friends."

"Oh." Dapper turned off his computer and stretched as he stood up. "It's Ramon's birthday next Saturday. Can I sleep over at his house?"

"Yeah, if you're good. Take care of your dad while I'm out, okay?"

"You mean make sure he doesn't sneak anyone in?"

"Dapper. Stop being negative. Your dad has never cheated on me. We fight sometimes, but I promise everything is okay."

"I don't trust him."

"Dapper, your dad has been around since you were born. Why do you feel so angry towards him?"

Dapper went quiet and shrugged. He had things to say, but didn't want to withstand the explosion.

-

Bad walked into a nice restaurant, nice but not fancy. He could immediately follow the sound of laughter to the right table. He was shocked to see how many people Forever managed to collect for his bonding night. Everyone must've been there, because there was only one empty seat. He assumed Forever must've set the seating arrangements. Because no one who knew any better would decide for Bad to sit next to Foolish.

"You made it!" Forever grinned, holding some sort of overpriced alcoholic beverage. It was pink, and had aesthetic little berries in the glass.

"Yeah, I did." Bad slipped into his seat. "My kids, they kept me for a bit. Sorry I'm a bit late."

"You're not that late, Bad. We were just chatting and having a couple drinks." Baghera gestured to his menu. "Lots of options, do you drink?"

"Of course he does." Foolish nudged him, taking a sip of something blue and syrupy. The glass had a small shark decal on it, no doubt that was the reason Foolish ordered it.

"Oh well...I drink just a little bit." Bad shrugged and looked around. Foolish, Baghera, Bagi, Cellbit and his husband. A nice collection. "Forever, looks like you picked the worst possible people to get to know." He teased.

"What are you talking about?" Forever shook his head. "This is perfect, I found more Brazilians!"

"Yeah, what's your problem with us?" Bagi tilted her head and picked up her boring glass of lemon water. She was the designated babysitter if everyone else got too drunk.