Ritual

TW// Cutting/blood used in ritual.

"Look, I know it's not ideal." Bad started. "But I have been taking care of both kids almost entirely their whole lives. Even with my demanding job. You can manage to take care of them for a little extra time. If one of your friends were in a hard place, you'd want to help them."

Skeppy sipped on some wine, trying to have a civil conversation. "It's not about you being gone. I can take care of Pomme, and Dapper avoids me, so it's fine. The problem is you're going to help someone that you had a thing with."

Bad huffed. "It was when you were gone. There's nothing going on now. Even if there was, would you have any right to complain?"

"Bad... I want us to give this another try, the right way. I don't want to cheat, I don't want to fight. Hell, I don't want to fight with Dapper anymore. I need you to participate." Skeppy gestured to the bottle of wine. "Stay home and have some wine with me. You can get someone else to go check on Forever if there's a real concern."

Bad sighed and shook his head. "You just don't understand."

Skeppy rolled his eyes and finished his wine in one gulp. "Okay, go do what you have to. Just don't be out too late, it worries us."

"I'll see you at 9:00 PM."

-

Skeppy and Pomme were at the table, practicing chess. Dapper walked into the kitchen and started pouring himself some apple juice.

"Damn, you're getting good." Skeppy groaned as he lost. "Dapper, do you want to try?"

Dapper tensed up just from Skeppy acknowledging him. "No."

"Do you want to watch a movie with us?" Pomme offered.

"No, I'm playing a game with Ramon."

"Do you want me to make you a snack?" Skeppy asked.

Dapper laughed. "No, no thank you." He said sarcastically and walked away. Skeppy had to chew his tongue to stop himself from saying something he shouldn't.

"I wish you and Dapper got along..." Pomme rested her chin on her hands. "I just want everything to be normal. As normal as it can be..."

"I know...but at the end of the day, it's my fault." Skeppy looked at the chess board. "Do you want to play again?"

"Can we watch a movie?"

"Yeah...you pick."

-

Bad walked into Forever's house and followed a smoke trail to the dining room. He coughed and waved his hands around. Forever was standing at the table with a offering of 8 black lit candles. There was a pentagram in the middle of the candles. They were giving off thick smoke that normal candles wouldn't. "Forever–" Bad rushed to open a window. "What's going on?"

"Shh cair morto."

"What?" Bad walked over and put a hand on Forever's shoulder. "What sort of ritual are you doing? Can you tell me?"

Forever turned to Bad. "The voices tell me I need your help." Well, at least he wasn't sickeningly happy again.

"O-oh." Bad didn't expect to just jump right in. He had read that dark matter often makes people hear voices, so he went with it. "What are they saying? How do I help?"

"Como ele ajuda?" Forever spoke to himself. "They said I need your blood in the middle." He put his finger on the center of the pentagram. "I need blood of human."

"Mn, okay." Bad knew what he was getting himself into to, so he quickly entered the dark part of his mind. "I'm okay with that, but why can't we use yours?"

"They insist, yours."

"Okay, but you need to tell me what you're trying to accomplish."

"I'm trying to get a goddesses help."

"With what?"

"To make my son like me."

"Mhm? What goddess are you in contact with." Bad couldn't hear voices, but he was smart enough to at least ask for clarification.

"The goddess of family? Her name, I don't know. Will you help me or not?" Forever was impatient.

"Okay..." Bad nodded. "Fine, I'll help. If you're sure this is the right goddess. But you'll need to agree to help me do rituals in my own favor another time." Bad went over to the knife block and picked out the sharpest one. "Right in the middle? Is it time?"

"Yes." Forever nodded, starting to cough from the candle smoke.

Bad held his hand over the pentagram and sliced into his palm like it was nothing. His blood dripped thick into the circle. He saw Forever flinch, the darkness was losing him. Dark matter had a way of putting you under, so you didn't question it's ways. Bad was born desensitized to dark matter.

"Well..." Bad let his hand drip. "What now? Will she help you?"

All the candles snuffed out one by one, the light above the table shattered, making both men yelp and step back.

"What the hell?!" Forever looked around in a panic. "What's going on?!"

"F-fudge..."

Forever shook his head. "Fuck, I thought I got rid of these." Forever collected the hot candles. He seemed to have forgotten whatever it was he was trying to do. The voices stopped, and nothing seemed to have happened.

"Huh...the voices must've lied, we ended the session..." Bad looked at his bleeding hand. "I feel kind of tingly."

"Oi! You're bleeding!" Forever dropped the candles and grabbed Bad's wrist. "I'm so sorry, oh my!" Forever brought him over to the sink carefully. "I will not do this again. I don't know what I was thinking. Careful, there's glass."

"Forever, it's okay. I'm fine...but I don't think you were in contact with whatever you were trying to reach. It didn't give us the correct instructions. All my blood did was end everything..."

"Shh." Forever put Bad's hand under some running water. "I'm so, so sorry...we shouldn't be messing with those things. They take over."

Bad stared at his hand, watching the blood run into the sink. His blood suddenly stopped, then started to run clear. Until it turned ocean blue. Right in front of their eyes.

"Ah, what the fuck?!" Forever looked at the blue blood. "W-what did we do?"

Bad stared, trying to figure it out. Why wasn't he scared? He almost felt more like himself. "Whatever it did...it wasn't what you wanted."

"It did something to you..." Forever shivered. "Deuses nos ajudem." Gods help us.

"I'm fine, Forever." Bad cleared his throat. "Do you have a first aid kit?"

"Y-yes." Forever ran to his bathroom to find it

Bad kept looking at his hand, feeling something inside of him coming to life. He heard a small voice in his head.

"Oposto de anjo."