The Misunderstanding

"What happened to you?" Forever watched Baghera run into the staff room, soaking wet.

"Ah! Can't talk now. Shower. Now." Baghera headed to the staff showers and left Forever wondering.

Bad came in a couple minutes later. "Is Baghera still in the shower?"

"I think so...what happen?"

"Newborn baby, boy." Bad started pouring his usual coffee. "Very sick, very good aim. I was the one changing him, and he somehow peed on Baghera and not me."

"Oh my!" Forever gasped. "That poor baby, I hope he can recover from whatever it is...and I hope Baghera can get that urine out of her new scrubs."

"I'm more worried that she won't get it out of her hair...he's been holding that pee for quite some time judging by how covered she was."

"Yeah. But s'not even the worst thing. Baghera tell me many stories of her in bad situations."

"Oh no, yeah. Baghera is notorious for being in gross or crazy situations. It's a given in any hospital, but Baghera is the queen of hospital disaster. One time, she was playing with a baby...you know, tossing them in the air a little bit? The baby throw up...into her mouth. Then she threw up..."

Forever gaged. "OH MY! Has she not tried to quit yet?!"

"She's closer ever day, I think." Bad started sipping his coffee. "Oh uh, about this Friday. I know we had plans, but I can't make it. I have to deal with some stuff. With the divorce and all."

"No worries, no worries. I understand." Forever stood up and fixed his hair. "I will see you when you're ready, okay? Tell your kids I said hello."

"Thank you for understanding..." Bad smiled as Forever left. Then he sat down for his break. He quietly thought about his divorce, hoping it was the right choice. It felt wrong, but it was right.

Baghera came into the main staff area. Her hair was still wet, but it was clean now. "How, how?"

Bad snickered. "I'm impressed."

"I'm still sticky!" Baghera groaned.

-

"Muito obrigado." Thank you so much. Forever told Cellbit for the millionth time.

"Sem problemas." No worries. "Estou feliz que você e Bad estejam se sentindo melhor." I'm happy you and Bad are feeling better.

"Como você sabe tanto sobre a escuridão?" How do you know so much about the darkness.

Cellbit shrugged and cleared his throat. "Podemos passar um tempo juntos em breve?" Can we spend time together soon?

"Sim... você está bem?" Yes, are you okay?

"É sobre mim, Roier e os bebês." It's about me, Roier and babies.

"Essa noite?" Tonight?

"Eu estarei lá. Seu namorado estará lá?" I'll be there, will your boyfriend be there?

"Não?" No?

-

Bad was stress cleaning the house that night while everyone else was in bed. It was taking a toll on him, everything. But especially divorcing the person that he was with for so long. They even had a biological child between them. Bad tried to focus on Forever. He tried to be hopeful that Forever could be his last and final boyfriend. He checked the time. He had 12 hours before his next shift. He had not slept more than an hour since his last one. But still, he decided to make a spontaneous visit to Forever's house. Forever never sleeps either.

-

Bad shut off his car and started walking up to the front door. He heard music coming from inside, and hoped Forever was already in a warm romantic mood. Then he heard a second voice, and he had no idea what was being said. The music distorted everything, and the conversation was in Portuguese.

"Temo que não posso ter filhos."

"Quero ajudar, mas realmente não posso."

Bad furrowed his brows. Their voices were passionate, but he didn't know what the topic of conversation was.

"Eu amo Roier... Como posso contar a ele?"

Unfortunately all Bad understood was the word amo. Love. That was enough to send him back home, angry crying in his car. It was a shame he didn't stick around for longer. Because Baghera showed up invited and they started speaking English.

"I want to help, if I can." Baghera said in regards to Cellbit's problem. "We can be with you when you tell Roier you think you're infertile. I mean, he must understand. No?"

Cellbit appreciated the unity that the hospital staff had, but he knew no one could really help him. "No, I think I need to tell him alone...but I'm scared. I know it's not my fault. I know it won't stop him from loving me. But, it's like...if I say it then it's like, official?"

"It's not official until you've tried everything, right?" Forever was optimistic. "You tell him you're worried about your fertility because of the hormone treatments you've had. Then he can help you with appointments and figuring it out...I mean, he will figure it out himself, yeah anyway? I mean if you've been trying for so long, and no baby yet."

"As much as I want to help, I do not want to think about you trying." Baghera scrunched up her nose. "But yes he's probably getting a bit suspicious now anyway. You probably do have a fertility issue but it might be fixable."

"Maybe we should invite Bad." Forever suggested. "I– Er I just think maybe he might know some stuffs about this, maybe?"

Cellbit shook his head. "I don't like saying anything negative, but Bad makes me feel weird. I don't know...I know he's your boyfriend but it's just my honest opinion."

"Honestly, I understand." Forever was no stranger to the weird parts of Bad. And Bad was no stranger to the weird parts of Forever. "How about some drinks to make us all feel good? And it might give you courage to tell Roier."

"I don't know if alcohol will help me at all...don't tempt me." Cellbit hated refusing a good opportunity for drinks with friends.

"Oh, I understand...we get Baghera drunk and let her rant about fish, hamburgers, and croissant." Forever went to the kitchen to get whatever alcohol was left in his kitchen.