Chapter 1

Hiccup ran through the village with her long big side-braided hair bouncing against her chest every time she took a running step. She ran through the village of Berk, her home and village, as it was overrun by dragons yet again as they raided the village for food and fought back against the Vikings. To be a Viking meant that you had to be big and strong but to be like Hiccup, it is never the great wish that you would want to have. She was scrawny with bits of muscle that no one ever seems to notice. It always bothered her because she would go to the forest to train every day but it would always end in failure that she would only just have a little bit of muscle. Her father never talked to her much since her mother died when she was barely a month old and when he did, it was always when he was angry at her for something she did wrong or to scold her for her attitude towards her people.

Whenever they ended up in a talking fight, Hiccup would always lose her temper and yell at her father saying that he never cared for her and always remarked that it should've been her that died instead of her mother, making her fathers, and the villages, reaction shocked. Then after that she would usually storm off and slam the door to their house before running up the stairs, flopping herself onto her bed, and scream into her pillow until her throat hurt and the tears would come. It had always been their routine that way and it would break her heart every time because her father was never there for her because of his cheifing duties and also because he never wanted a daughter to name as his heir to Berk.

She ran through the village dogging Vikings, running in the opposite direction to fight dragons, and the fireballs that were thrown at the Vikings by the dragons. Running towards the black smith shop, she was about to cross paths towards the shop when a dragon flew in front of her leaving a trail of fire behind. Someone grabbed her collar from behind and pulled her backwards to face the person holding her in a tight grip. "Hiccup what is she doing out-? What are you doing out again? Get inside!!" yelled the Stoick the Vast, chief of her tribe, and the strongest Viking that she had ever seen.

"I was going to get inside when someone stopped me from going there!!" Hiccup yelled back as she got herself out of the chiefs strong grip and ran towards the black smith shop.

As she ran, she heard a grunt from Stoick as he threw a catapult at the Deadly Nadder holding a sheep in its claws. The Nadder dropped the sheep after being hit by the catapult and flew away to get some more easy prey. "What do we got?" she heard Stoick ask a villager as she decided to hide in between two house that she wouldn't be seen by anyone because many years of hiding from everyone, including her father, pays off every time.

"Gronckles, Nadders, Zipplebacks, oh and Hork saw some Monsterous Nightmares," the villager replied before an explosion blasted from behind them and the villager took cover underneath his shield while Stoick stood strong with a bit of flame landing on his shoulder blade.

"Any Night furies?" he asks the villager yet again.

"None so far," replied the villager as he came up from underneath his shield.

"Good," said Stoick as he wiped the little ball of flame from his shoulder blade.

Hiccup knew that she was going to be caught if she stood there like that for a little while longer, so she took off away from her chief and headed towards the path that she was heading before she was interrupted. A dragon set fire to more houses with Hiccup grumbling to herself as she ran, "Old village, new houses every time."

She also heard Stoick say they move the defense down to the lower part of the village where most of their livestock was kept away from the dragon raid and the village. Running by, she couldn't help but notice as the village people set fire on top of the pole before pushing them up to their very height limit. Rolling her eyes and sighing, Hiccup finally came to her destination and heard her mentor/foster father say "Oh nice of you to join the party of fixing weapons, I thought that you would've been carried off by now."