Chapter 15

Hiccup stopped what she was doing when she heard the sound of thunder. Putting her work down, she went over and pulled the ragged curtain out of the way to see the storm approaching. What the? She thought horrified.

"Hiccup, is that the storm your dragon was talking about?" Arenton asked as he appeared beside her to see the storm coming towards them.

"First of all, her name is Storm and secondly, yes that is the storm she was warning me about. It appears to have arrived earlier than we expected," replied Hiccup before continuing, while looking at him, "We are out of time. We have to quickly grab everything we need and head for the shelter now."

Arenton nodded his head and quickly followed Hiccup's lead on grabbing the essentials they would need for possibly two weeks. Once it was pack, a dragon flew in and landed hard on the floor startling both the adults and the injured baby Typhoomerang. Recovering from her shock, Hiccup went over to pick up Crawler and calm both him, and the baby dragon, down. "Shhh, shhh,... Hush little baby don't say a word, mother's gonna get the perfect rider. If that perfect rider doesn't ride, mother's gonna get you a wonderful ride." sang Hiccup as she sat down next to the baby dragon as it looked around for its mother, scared for its own life.

Hearing Hiccup sing sweetly to it, the dragon began looking at Hiccup with sad eyes that says it wants its mother. Stopping her song and placing Crawler on her lap, she reached her hand towards the dragon and turned her head away to wait for the result to happen. Feeling its scaly head against her hand, Hiccup turned to see the baby dragon had its eyes closed with her hand against its head. She smiled and slowly moved her hand from its snout toward the back of its head till she found the pressure point and pushed gently on it.

Its spikes pushed in and then pushed themselves farther out a bit farther than they originally were until it stopped. "Okay, now you should be able to make your trick of doing the typhoomerangs more easily," announced Hiccup as she put her hand back on her lap and observed the baby dragon play with its tail trying to bite the, now longer, spikes off of it.

Hiccup laughed a little before getting up and putting the medicines into the weed basket carefully in order. She then grabbed the emergency bag, she kept under her bed in case of storms like these, and placed it in the basket along with her soft wool sheets from her bed and extra rations of food that she kept in storage away over the years. "Okay this should be enough to last us for two weeks until the storm lets up, maybe longer or shorter. I really don't know but-" Hiccup stopped then sighed in defeat and exasperation and sat on her bed with her head in her head in frustration as she had never done this before with another person in eight years.

"Hey, its going to be okay. I promise Hiccup, we will be alright," Arenton said reassuringly while placing his good hand on her shoulder.

Crawler nudged Hiccup with his head in a loving manner as the baby dragon, that she is now calling Sparker, stopped trying to bite its tail and looked at the woman, he now trusted, in wonder at what she was doing. Hiccup took her head out of her hands and looked down at Crawler and Sparker before looking at Arenton and nodded her head yes as if saying okay let's do this!

The moment was interrupted when Toothless crashed into the house saying Hiccup!! Grab everything you need and let's go now!! The storm is coming!!! The storm is coming!!!

"Toothless calm down okay? We already just found out and your scaring Sparker. Besides we already have everything we need. Wait, what about Berk? I told dad that I would.. Oh crap!! I forgot to bring paper and charcoal along the way!!" exclaimed Hiccup as she stood up to comfort Toothless then had realization cross her face.

Hey, don't worry just use the emergency paper you placed in your bag when you first left Berk, said Toothless.

"Oh right! I forgot that I had those there for eight years!!" Hiccup said, in remembrance of where to put her bag, as she quickly ran over to grab her bag, that she had since she left Berk, and rummaged through her belongings.