Chapter 17

(2 weeks later on Paradise Island)...

Hiccup woke up with a start from her recent Nightmare. Oh SkyLight, I am so sorry. I hope you are okay, she thought mournfully as she rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes and went over to the door to see if the storm was over.

If the storm was over then the first thing they would do was grab her daughter and take her with them to Berk. But if this storm wasn't over then, they would have to wait a while with Hiccup praying to Odin to keep her daughter warm and alive until she came for her. Peeking through a tiny hole, she blinked to adjust to the blinding light and saw nothing was happening. "The storm's over," Hiccup said to herself in relief.

Immediately she woke up Toothless and Arenton and had them push the boulder out of the way. They all closed their eyes at the sudden brightness and then adjusted them to see there was snow everywhere but no sign of the storm continuing. Sighing with relief, she went over to where, the almost healed, Sparker was and gently placed him in her reed basket to help keep him warm. Hooking it up to Toothless's saddle, Hiccup could hear Arenton wanting to know if they were heading back to Berk.

"Arenton, we are not heading to Berk just yet. We need to make a stop on the way there to pick up somebody that I know," Hiccup replied gently as she looked at her crush.

"Who?" Arenton asking curiously.

"You will find out when we get there," Hiccup said smirking before mounting Toothless and helping Arenton, who's arm is almost healed perfectly well, mount Toothless as well.

We going to pick up SkyLight? Toothless asked looking at Hiccup.

Hiccup smiled and nodded her head yes to confirm that before reading herself for Toothless taking off. Toothless turned his head back to the front and began running through the house towards the entrance before taking off into the sky.

~~~

After a few minutes of flying, Hiccup saw an icy house with not-much-of-a fire going on. Pointing in that direction, Hiccup said, "There Toothless. Land there."

"So does this mean that I will finally meet your mysterious person you never mentioned before?" Arenton asked smugly as Toothless landed on the thick ice waiting for someone in that house to show up.

"If you won't freak out, then yes," Hiccup replied back looking at Arenton with a serious face before dismounting Toothless and walked towards the house.

"SkyLight? You there?" she asked in a soft tone.

"Mommy?" a young girl's voice asked.

"Yah, it's mommy. I'm right here," Hiccup replied back coming closer to the house.

She heard Arenton whisper quietly "She is a mother?" and just ignored it as a tiny shadow loomed its way out of the house before a figure of an eight year old girl stood before her. She had light blue eyes and golden blond hair that was braided in a single big braid down to the upper part of her back. For her clothes, she wore fur all over to keep herself warm from this weather with a long brown leather shawl that went towards the middle of her back, and to her stomach as well, with a long brown fur skirt that went towards her feet. The child had on black leather boots with bits of studs around the top part of them but that was all she wanted. Underneath the skirt was tight leggings that covered her legs against any breeze that might make her freeze to death. For her shirt, she had black leather wrappings with brown fur slung across both of her shoulders, with it going downwards then wrapped around her waist before coming back upwards towards her back.

The child smiled when she saw Hiccup,  and ran towards her, who kneeled down to the child's position with open arms, and engulfed her in a tearful hug. "I'm so sorry my child, there was a storm coming and I didn't know what to do..." said Hiccup tearfully while apologetically.