Chapter 7

Hiccup felt sunlight shining in her eyes and opened them to see a single ray of sunlight peeking through her hideout. Must be morning already, she thought groggily to herself as she sat up in her bed and stretched her body to awaken herself fully.

Yawning, she pulled back the covers and got up from her bed to pull the hideout curtains open and wake Toothless for their adventure today. Going over to the hideout curtains, Hiccup pulled them aside to see Lightning sitting there watching the sun rise over the horizon. Rubbing her eyes in order to adjust, she walked over to where Lightning sat and watched the sun rise beautifully into the sky. Morning Dragon Princess, sleep well? asked Lightning politely while assuming guarding position.

"Yes thank you for asking Lightning and please call me Hiccup. We are friends are we not?" Hiccup asked while sitting down on the edge of the cliff.

Yes we are Hiccup. I am sorry but you know how I have horrible memory, replied Lightning sadly as she hung her head down in shame.

"Don't worry about it Lightning, there is no need to apologize for anything," assured Hiccup as she held her hand out and patted Lightning's flank.

This is why every dragon calls you the Guardian of all Dragons or the Princess of the Dragons. You have the soul of a dragon and a heart filled with kindness. You are so wise and will always bring peace to our worlds Hiccup. We always thank you every day and thank our ancestors for sending you our way and defeating the evil within one. I just wish that there was more we could do to say our thanks, spoke Lightning happily.

"There is nothing else to thank me for because you know what I went through when I lived on a Viking village. So I can relate to you guys and really, I should be thanking you all because you guys gave me a new life that I never thought that I would have," replied Hiccup as she looked at Lightning and smiled at her.

Lightning smiled back before taking another look at the sunrise while saying It is time for me to get my rest. The night shift is over and I am sure that you can take care of yourself with Toothless around during the daylight.

"Thanks Lightning and yes I will be able to handle myself, you are forgetting that not even a Monsterous Nightmare can best me in combat. Oh and one more thing, I will be gone for the day to go on another adventure to find more dragons that might be in hiding from the Red Death. So I might be late coming back home okay?" Hiccup asked while standing up and facing Lighting.

Okay but if I forget then use the code that we use and then I would probably remember, warned Lightning while preparing herself for taking off to head towards the back of the island where her home was.

"Yes, I know the drill Lightning. Thank you for everything tonight," thanked Hiccup before Lightning took off into the morning sky and flew sideways around the island.

Seeing Lightning disappear, Hiccup thought about her words. They seemed to seriously hit her stone heart. A tear dribbled down her cheek and she wiped it away thinking I will never think of that place nor speak of it nor set foot on it ever again.

After Hiccup left Berk, her soft heart turned stone cold and she rarely showed emotion around any other human beings that she ever encountered. The dragons were the only creatures that understood what she went through and helped her out by becoming the wonderful, and legendary, woman she is today. Ready for the morning adventure, asked Toothless from behind Hiccup, startling her very much.

Turning to her brother, by heart, she smiled and nodded her head yes before climbing onto Toothless and adjusting everything they need for today's adventure. Once Toothless took off into the sky, there was no going back on this adventure because, like every other adventure they ever been on, it will always turn their lives around. "I wonder if we will make any new discoveries... or maybe even finally discover another Night fury like you Toothless," Hiccup said out loud with the wind rushing through her braided hair.