Chapter 16

(Back on Berk)...

Stoick the Vast watched grimly at the sky as it began to darken. He was worried about his daughter being out there on her mysterious home island with only her dragons and Arenton to be there to help her. She said she would be back soon before the storm hits, but it didn't reassure him one bit because he lost her because of his actions and he never wanted lose her again.

Sighing, he walked through the village, away from the spot his daughter left, and began his list of cheifing duties. Then he heard a Terrible Terror squawk before the ground on his right went up in flames. Quickly Stoick grabbed a nearby water-bucket and threw it over the flames, putting them out immediately. "Who in Thor's name is responsible for this?" he yelled as he turned to face the group holding their terrible terrors in their hands.

Nobody seemed to respond for a while until they pushed Tuffnut forward with his Terrible Terror, he called Head-butt, having smoke come from its nose. Stoick sighed because it was always either Tuffnut or Ruffnut or both of them at the same time that always cause trouble. Shaking his head, he said to Tuffnut, "We will talk about this later after I finish for the day but I want those yacks you and your sister tipped over back on their feet by this afternoon."

Tuffnut groaned in annoyance, as did his twin sister, before they left to probably tip over some more yacks or sheep. "I'll go check and make sure that they do what you say sir," said Snotlout before leaving to go after the twins.

Shaking his head, Stoick went off once again to do his cheifing to his village as he remembered the day he came home to Berk to hear his daughter's progress in dragon training only to find out that she was taken...

~~~

The ship, or what was left of it, sailed to the docks of Berk. It was a hard battle and many lives were lost while they had not even came close to finding the nest. Stoick could see Gobber standing there with the rest of the Vikings, waiting for them to come in and help pull all the Vikings out from the ship before it sank into the ocean. He also saw his friend looking sad, which was weird, but he shook it off as he helped the Vikings unload the cargo from the ship before allowing the villagers to climb onto the deck.

Climbing onto the deck himself, Stoick could definitely see something was wrong and it either involved him or his daughter. He walked up to Gobber and was about to ask him what was wrong when Gobber just said "She's gone sir. She was taken by a dragon."

"Who's gon-?" Stoick was about to say before he realized that the villagers were looking at him with fear and sadness in their eyes before he asked "Hiccup?"

"Yes, she was taken about a day after she began training," Gobber replied sadly with tears leaking out of his eyes.

"HOW?!?!" Stoick shouted in agony and sadness cause he did love and care for his daughter but didn't know how to show it since his daughter was weaker than an average Viking.

"Night Fury," was all Gobber said before he grabbed the basket from Stoick's arms and left to go put the basket in his house while Stoick tried to wrap it around his head that his daughter is dead.

***

2 weeks later...

Stoick stood on the beach's edge waiting for the final search party to show up with evidence that Hiccup was probably alive or dead. If she was dead then they would have a funeral for her, and it was already set up, but if she was alive then they would they would celebrate her return. Soon enough the ship showed up at the docks and Spitelout, the one in charge of this search party, came up to Stoick shaking his head no saying they had found no traces of Hiccup anywhere. He sighed because that would mean they would have to hold a funeral for his only daughter.