Chapter 18

A few days later...

Arenton sighed and placed his head in his hands as Ruffnut chased Tricky all around the arena trying to calm her dragon down. It had been a couple of days since the snow cleared up and it had been at least a day since Hiccup left with Toothless and her daughter. A few days since Hiccup had a fight with her father and left Berk with sadness as the chance was ruined because of what her father said.

He could dimly hear Ruffnut trying to calm Tricky down in order to do some more training, but without Hiccup, there was nothing they could do. Suddenly a shadow passed over the arena in a quick flight. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up to see nothing there. Thinking it was nothing, they tried to calm their pet Terrors down who, for some odd reason, were starting to act weird.

What they didn't know was that the shadow landed outside the arena and was walking towards them until it stopped to where the shadow was underneath the gate leading into the arena. Smiling, the shadow walked forward and stepped on a rock in front of her before leaning on the leg to see the view before her. Everyone ran around to try and calm their Terrors, but stopped when they heard laughing.

They all turned to see someone they thought they would never see again. Hiccup stopped laughing long enough to say "You know, if you guys were going to train your Terrors, at least wait until the trainer shows up to help you guys."

"We thought you were coming back Hiccup," Snotlout said in amazement.

"Yah, we thought if you could do it, then how hard could it be for us to do it," Tuffnut said dumbly before his Terror, Head-butt, flew at him at full speed and head-butted him on the forehead making Tuffnut fall down towards the ground seeing stars.

Hiccup laughed at the funny scene before her, before she calmed down and said "Sorry guys but to do what I can do, you have to earn a dragons trust. Not buying it with fish and everything. That is how I became friends with Toothless. Not by force but by curiosity and understanding."

The gang stood there waiting for Hiccup to say something else but were shocked to see Toothless walk into the ring with SkyLight on his back. "She wanted to come along to watch what her mother does to gain a dragon's trust because she is wanting one," explained Hiccup as she took her foot off the rock and began to walk towards the group while signaling to Toothless to find a place to lye down with SkyLight.

"That makes sense," said Arenton impressed at Toothless obeying her command.

"Yah, well. I won't be around on Berk for long so maybe if you guys can convince Stoick that dragons can be trainable, then this whole nuisance will end because I am tired of seeing dragons having their lives taken for no reason," replied Hiccup as she stood in front of the group with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face.

"Well, why did you come back if you didn't even want to be here on Berk?" asked Fishlegs curiously.

(Sighs) "Because I knew that you guys would try something like this, so I am here to help and to also say that there is nothing to forgive because I have learned to put the past behind me and not hold a grudge. Although, it is going to be hard for you guys to be my friends since my heart was made stone cold because of what happened earlier," Hiccup responded back as she scratched Crawler underneath his chin after he flew into the arena and settled onto her shoulders, laying there to sleep for a while.

"Why did your heart turn stone cold Hiccup?" Ruffnut asked wondering what had happened to the chief's daughter while she was away.

Looking down, Hiccup felt tears prick her eyes and looked back up at the group before saying, in a cracked voice, "Dragon traps."