Chapter 11

She heard voices and felt herself be moved before she finally came to. Opening her eyes, Hiccup could see that she was in her old bedroom with her hands bandaged really good. Looking around, she could see her brown fur shawl hanging on a chair at the back of the room with her drawings put away and dust covering everything in her room. Sitting up, she pushed back her covers only to have herself shoved back onto her bed by none other than Toothless himself. He was happy to see his sister by heart awake. So happy, in fact that he started licking her with his tongue while Hiccup complained about that stuff not washing out. Soon enough, Hiccup was able to get him off of her and push herself back on her feet to go get her shawl and look around the house. Taking off the black leather one, and resolving to save it for later, she put her brown fur shawl in its place and redid her braid before brushing off her clothes and heading downstairs. She dimly heard her father and Gobber talking as her father was making breakfast. "I just don't get why she left us when it looked like she was taken and killed by a Dragon," he said as he stirred up something in the cauldron.

"Probably because you guys put her down too often that she was on the verge of wanting to end her life. Did you not think of that Stoick?" Gobber asked wisely as he stopped rocking in his chair to look at his best friend clearly.

(Sighs) "No, not really. But you know the reason why I pushed her away was because I was afraid of losing her like I lost Valka during a Dragon raid," reasoned her father as he turned to look at his best friend.

"And what good came out of that?" Gobber asked wisely again.

Stoick said nothing but sighed and turned his attention back to the cauldron while Gobber continued, "Look, I know you wanted to protect her but instead of doing that, you only pushed her away and strained a relationship you were supposed to have with her as your daughter. That just made it impossible for you to protect her because she was like Valka in every single way. She was going to get out there to try and prove herself to you but instead she found something else, that we never thought would happen in our history as Vikings, and carved her own destiny into becoming who she is and became just like her own mother. So Stoick, now that she is back you may have the chance to redeem yourself of trying to put together a new relationship with her. But you need to be careful with what you say about her because I think her feelings are fragile due to some horrible tragic thing that made her become emotionless and angry all the time."

"Gobber is right dad," Hiccup says as she came out from her hiding spot, frightening both her dad and her mentor.

"How long were you standing there?" Stoick asked his daughter as soon as he recovered from his fright.

"Long enough to know that what Gobber said to you was true. Something did happen to me that made me become emotionless and turned my soft heart into stone. But it wasn't just what you and the village did dad," Hiccup replied with a shrug after thinking on whether to tell him that she probably heard almost their whole conversation.

"What did happen to make your feelings fragile?" Stoick asked concerend about his daughter.

(Sighs) "It is something that Toothless and I have vowed to never talk about next to the one of never coming back to this village or setting foot on it ever again," Hiccup said sadly as she looked at Toothless then back to her father dimly remembering seeing the horror that flashed before her eyes.

"I'm sorry daughter. I wish that I could've told you, but it was just so hard to because of losing Valka and having to raise you alone and..."

"Dad don't worry about it okay? Trust me that some people are just born different in a way to help the village become more peaceful," Hiccup said reassuringly while making her way over to the table and sitting down.