Chapter 14

Hiccup and Arenton were both shouting for Toothless to slow down but he didn't seem to hear them at all because he still kept going and was waiting to hear an apology from the both of them. "Thank you for nothing you useless sheep-loving reptile!!" Hiccup shouted sarcastically for Toothless to hear.

He then dived towards the ocean and was spinning towards it as Arebton held onto Hiccup tightly for dear life, with his good arm, shouting he was sorry and just wanted off of her dragon. Toothless seemed to have a piece of sympathy hidden for Arenton because he was Hiccup's first crush, so he stopped his spinning, right before they hit the ocean, and opened his wings as he righted himself to where Hiccup and Arenton were on the top and he was flying them from the bottom. Hiccup breathed in deeply and adjusted herself so that she was holding the saddle rings softly, and not for dear life, and pushed her braid back over her shoulder again. Arenton breathed in and out fastly before realizing nothing was happening and opened his eyes to see Hiccup looking and him with concern all over her face.

Seeing him open his eyes, she smiled and gestured with her hand to take a look at what he is missing out right now. He quickly untangled his arms from Hiccup and righted himself into a sitting position when he looked up and saw the dazzling sky before him. The sun seemed to be setting and just made the veiw even more beautiful than before. Below him, the ocean was calm and was moving with the wind while the sun setted on its horizon making it a wonderful sight to see. Above him the clouds were amazing with their colors changing from white to pink and orange of the sunset. It was unbelievable that dragons had experienced this everyday while Vikings experienced this on a boat ride when they are usually looking for the nest or going on a date with the person they want to be with. "Wow," he breathed in awe.

"I know, that was the same reaction that I had when I first experienced the joy of flying on Toothless," said Hiccup as she was happy with delight that someone has now shared this veiw with her.

"This is beautiful Hiccup. I never knew that this would be amazing in flight. But now...(looks at Hiccup, who blushes a little and looks away)...I see that I have been blind and must open my eyes to new findings like you Hiccup," he said nicely as he put a comforting hand on her right shoulder, where her braided hair was, and smiled.

Hiccup blushed even more and felt embarrassed to say something back when Toothless turned his head sideways and nudged his head towards Arenton in their code to say Talk to him, before turning his head back towards watching the sky for anything that might be heading their way. Hiccup thought about what to say before saying, while turning to look at him, "Thanks Arenton. It really means a lot."

Arenton smiled and patted her shoulder a bit before dropping it back on the saddle, as he sat with both legs on either side of the dragon, looking out at the amazing veiw before him. Hiccup smiled and just wishes that she could have the courage to say that she was in love with him when they were kids, but pushed it down because they were kids back then and now they are adults. It doesn't matter if Arenton liked her, or was the one, or not because nothing could ever heal her emotionally scarred heart. Besides if he saw her scarred leg, or her other scars she had gotten over the years, then he wouldn't even want to be with her because she wasn't the pretty Viking he would want to be with. She shook her head and quickly focused back on flying Toothless to her home when she heard something. Using her enhanced hearing, she steered Toothless towards the sound. "Hiccup, what's wrong? What's going on?" Arenton asked concerningly.

"I'm hearing something that appears to be coming from over there," replied Hiccup pointing in the direction they were heading to.

"Well what does it sound like?" He asked curiously.

(Softly ughs) "I don't know but maybe if I could get in close-"

She stopped as she heard the sound again. This time it sounded like a Dragon crying for help and they seemed to be getting close enough for even Arenton to hear it. "Did you hear that?" Hiccup asked Arenton as she looked at him.