Sneak Peek: Match Between Lovers

I decided to publish a sneak preview because of a scene that I wish to show most of all. That and so that you, the readers, don't have to wait patiently for the story so long as I write HYLT.

- - - - -

Yolonda throws a few punches and Tommy dodges them, Tommy Roundhouse kicks Yolanda in the upper chest, causing her to fall to the mat. Tommy then fell to the mat, on purpose, and then he pinned Yolonda with his legs.

The teenage audience cheers for the end of the match. But only a few of the audience were excited about Tommy winning, "Yeah!" "Well done, Tommy!" "I knew he won!" "I won 50 bucks!" While the others were upset about Yolonda losing, "No!" "I didn't think he could really do that!" "I thought no one could really do it!" "I lost 50 bucks!"

Tommy then lets go of Yolonda and jumps back to his feet. Yolanda then gets back on her feet and unties the rope that is tied around Tommy's hand behind his back.

"That was some match we had," Yolonda commented.

"I know," Tommy responded.

Yolonda mentioned, "I still can't believe you actually beat with both hands tied behind your back." "How can you do that?" She asked.

"Years of training," Tommy answered.

"しかし、[Shikashi,] (However,)" Tommy begins to talk in Japanese, "俺は少し我慢しました。[ore wa sukoshi gaman shimashita.](I held back a bit.) でも、あなたが本当に強いことは知っています、猫ちゃん。[Demo, anata ga hontōni tsuyoi koto wa shitte imasu, neko-chan.](But I know you're really strong, my kitty cat.)"

"Gracias mi león. (Thanks, my lion.)" Yolonda responds in spanish, "Pero aunque fuiste suave conmigo, estoy muy orgullosa de ti por no perder el partido como si fuera una niña. (But even though you went easy on me, I am most proud of you for not throwing the match like I'm a girl.)"

Tommy asks his girlfriend, "俺たちがお互いに自分の国の言語を話すのは少し奇妙ですか? [Oretachi ga otagai ni jibun no kuni no gengo o hanasu no wa sukoshi kimyōde wa arimasen ka?](Is it a little weird how we speak our country's language to each other?)"

"No me parece rara. (I don't find it weird.)" Yolonda responded to her boyfriend, "Pero, sobre todo, lo hacemos para poder comunicarnos entre nosotros y que nadie pueda entendernos. (But, we mostly do it so we can communicate with each other and no one can understand us.)"