37 - The Hideout Raid

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains material that depicts emotional distress, physical abuse, and themes of captivity and helplessness. Reader discretion is advised.

---------------------------------------------------------

-3rd Person POV-

Although the area was not crowded, there were still people wandering nearby, and their casual presence constantly reminded the rescue group to maintain their cover and not draw unwanted attention. The group hovered near the edge of the warehouse, eyes scanning for any signs of movement or potential entry points. After a few minutes of fruitless scoping, they decided to walk around the side through a narrow alley, hoping to find another way inside without being seen.

"This is so narrow. I might get stuck," Yaoyorozu remarked, her voice tinged with caution and frustration as she carefully maneuvered through the confined space.

"Just keep moving. We have to figure out what's happening inside. No one will see us from back here," Izuku urged, his voice low yet determined. He glanced toward the wall of the warehouse and noticed a small window with iron bars across the front, clearly meant to deter any break-ins. "We should be able to get a look through there!" he suggested, pointing toward the potential vantage point.

"And we'll be blind in the darkness," Todoroki pointed out, his tone pragmatic as he assessed the situation. The dim light filtering through the narrow alley offered little visibility, and the shadows inside the warehouse loomed large and obscuring.

"One second, I'll make a night vision scope," Yaoyorozu said, taking off her glasses with a focused determination.

"Wait. No need." Kirishima interjected, holding up a sleek night vision scope. "I actually brought one with me for this. When I thought about what we'd have to do, I figured we might need it," he explained, his foresight evident in his preparation.

"Sure. But aren't those models super expensive?" Izuku asked, eyes widening in surprise. "I did some research on them when I was thinking about my costume, but they cost fifty thousand or something, right?" His mind quickly ran through the specifications and price tags he had encountered in his meticulous studies of hero equipment.

"Whatever, man. Just drop it," Kirishima remarked, his voice leaving no room for argument. His casual dismissal underscored his commitment to the mission, prioritizing their objective over any concerns about cost.

"Right. Bakugo will serve as our scout," Todoroki said, his voice steady and confident as he assessed their options. He turned toward Izuku, his gaze calm but firm. "Back him up, Midoriya."

"Why do I have to do that?" Bakugo asked, his voice tinged with annoyance as he glared in Todoroki's direction.

"Because you're taller than Kirishima," Todoroki replied, his tone as calm and composed as ever. The logic was simple but effective: Bakugo's height would give them a better vantage point, allowing him to see further into the dimly lit warehouse.

The ash-blonde clicked his tongue in irritation but ultimately relented. "Fine, but don't you dare let me fall, or I'll kill you."

After Kirishima handed Bakugo the night vision scope, Todoroki and Iida moved into position, each grasping an arm of Izuku and Bakugo, carefully lifting them onto their shoulders. The added height allowed the two boys to peer through the small, barred window with a clear interior view. Meanwhile, Yaoyorozu and Kirishima kept a vigilant watch, scanning the surrounding area for any signs of movement that might signal trouble.

"Tell us what you see inside, quickly. And be quiet!" Iida whispered urgently, his voice tense but controlled hiss as he stood steady beneath Bakugo's weight.