Chapter 24 Another Conflict

"What?!" Amara, Kara, and Omar said in shock. Even Veva looked somewhat surprised.

"Don't listen to these jerks, Amara. You are a regular mortal," Salem said, pushing Umbra away from her. "If she were a half-breed, I wouldn't have been assigned to her. Only upper rank Custos can escort half-breeds," Salem said, standing in front of Amara.

"Dude—" Terry said but what was cut off by Salem.

"She's normal!" yelled Salem. Everyone stared in surprised silence by Salem's outburst. The silence was ended quickly, though, when the ship shook violently again.

"Hellions inbound!" yelled the man on the microphone.

Amara grabbed Salem to keep from falling to the floor and Terry held Kara in place too. Everyone else was in a fighting stance, ready for the imminent. As they waited, three Leviathan appeared, one in the front of the ship, and one on either side of the ship.

"Three!" everyone yelled in unison.

"There is no way we can take on three at a time!" Sonya yelled over the sounds of roars.

"That's not the only thing we have to worry about," Umbra said. The Gaap Imps had returned as well and in greater numbers.

"Well, I'm not going down without a fight!" Salem said, summoning his swords and steeling himself for another battle.

The other weapon wielders followed suit. Umbra returned to his armored Powers form and stood ready to fight.

"Veva, Omar, you know the drill," Natare said getting ready with her buster sword in front of her.

"Right," they said together. Omar grabbed Amara and Kara and started to pull them away to get them off the deck, Veva following close behind, but before they could get too far, there was a loud trumpeting of horns.

In the sky was a blinding light that caught the attention of everyone on the ship, even the Hellions. Out of the brightness in the sky, a beam of light shot down directly at the Leviathan in the front of the ship. The creature was immediately launched deep down into the ocean. When the light in the sky eased, Gabriel was left in its place, wings out wide and his horns as big as a ram's gleaming in the sunlight. In a flash, he summoned a gauntlet on his right hand and launched towards the Leviathan to the left of him. Gabriel went straight through the Leviathan's head, instantly exploding it to dust. He then landed on the deck of the ship in front of the last Leviathan. The Gaap Imps were frozen with fear at his power and made no move to attack him. Gabriel raised his gauntlet towards the Leviathan. The gauntlet glowed brightly and out came a giant blast of light. When the blast ceased, there was nothing to see over the side of the ship but the calming ocean. He slowly turned to the Imps that were scattered about the deck. Screeching in fear, they retreated to the depths of the ocean.

Everyone else, Custos and mortal, was shocked and entirely speechless at the effortless fight Gabriel had just had.

"Oh my God, Gabriel, that was amazing!" Amara squealed, running towards him. He smiled slightly at her.

"Amazing is an understatement," Terry said, sounding hugely impressed.

A wave of Custos swooped out of the sky and landed on the ship.

"A little late, don't you think?" Terry joked. Kara elbowed him on the side.

"Ouch," Terry grumbled, rubbing his side.

The numerous Custos were checking the deck and surveying around the ship, some even jumping into the water. Umbra approached Gabriel.

"Sir, I have a question to ask you," Umbra said, staring directly at Gabriel. Wordlessly, Salem joined Umbra.