Chapter 34 Hungover

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. Everything was black and white and more modern than the other rooms I have been in so far. It was also bigger than the rooms I had been staying in until now. The room glowed softly from the light of two lamps on either side of the bed. Getting up, I looked out the tall windows on the wall to the left side of the bed. I was on the top floor of a building.

"A penthouse?" I said to myself in surprise. Looking at the surroundings beyond my window, I saw other tall buildings with flashing, neon lights. The streets looked busy with cars and people. The sun was barely visible, and it cast a nice hue of purple and pink in the sky. It was beautiful.

"I see you're finally up."

I turned around and saw Salem holding some bags. He only had one arm.

"Oh my God, Salem!" I rushed towards him looking for his arm.

"Calm down, it's fine. Sonya said she could probably reattach it," Salem said, placing the bags on a table.

"But shouldn't it grow back or something? You're an angel?" I asked, confused.

Salem chuckled and sat down at the table. "It should. But unfortunately, I don't get the privilege. Having only one wing prevents it."

"I'm sorry," I said softly.

"There is nothing to be sorry for, Amara. Father made me like this for a reason," he said. He pushed the bags on the table towards me. "Your girly friends bought you a dress for the club tonight."

I looked in the bag and saw a black dress.

"Yesssssss!" I said with excitement. "Wait, tonight?" I said, confused. "That means I slept for the entire day!" I yelled.

"Yeah, well, that's what happens when you're poisoned by a succubus," Salem said, pulling out his HD.

"So, what happened last night?" I asked. "I really don't remember much."

"The details don't matter. I fought, I won, you're safe," Salem replied not looking up from his HD.

I huffed in irritation, but I held my tongue, fearing I might say something I didn't really mean.

"You should get ready; we leave in three hours," Salem said looking up at me.

" Mmmhmmm," I replied, still biting my tongue.

Grabbing my backpack from beside the bed. I walked towards one of the many doors in the room hoping it was the bathroom. I did not want to ask Salem; I didn't want to talk to him right now. To my luck, I had chosen the right door. I stepped in and looked around. The bathroom was huge and absolutely gorgeous. Placing my bag on the counter next to the sink, I opened it up and found something that was unexpected and terrifying. The loudest scream I have ever made came out of my mouth and Salem burst into the room in an instant.

"What's wrong?!" he yelled.

"Your damn arm is in my bag!" I yelled at him.

"Oh," he said, walking over and taking the arm out of the bag. He moved his unattached arm, so the hand waved at me, and he started to laugh.

"It's not funny!" I yelled at him.

"It really is," he said, trying to get himself under control.

"Whatever, just get it out of here!" I said, turning my attention to the mirror. I noticed a red mark on my neck. "Is... is that a freaking hickey?!" I said in a panic.

"Well, I had to get the poison out of you somehow," Salem said, looking away.

"And you, did it?" I stared at him with raised eyebrows. "Ain't no way shy Salem did this," I said laughing to myself, laughing to myself, and pointing to the mark on my neck.