EIGHT[The Nobody]

[Trails of Crimson]
[Chapter 8]

|| No, I'm a nobody... Some could say I'm a ghost ||

********************

"You want trouble?" Young Luffy asked, his face stern as he stared at the boy across from him. "Well, you just found it," He warned as he tightened his fist before throwing it back. "Gum Gum Pistol!" He yelled as he shot his fist forward, hitting the young Y/n full-on and sending him flying backwards.

"Guys!" Makino yelled as she walked into the area, watching as Y/n crashed into a barstool. "First of all... You shouldn't be practising here," She scolded Luffy before turning to the boy who was standing up with a giant smile on his face. "And secondly, why are you letting him hit you?" She yelled at the h/c-haired boy.

"Because it looked fun," Y/n laughed as he picked up the chair. "I'm sure I can fix this," He shrugged his shoulders as Luffy ran over to his friend and sat down next to him.

"I don't care about the chair," She rolled her eyes at the two boys as she placed the tray in her hands down. "Luffy needs to be more careful with his new abilities, people might hate him now that he's different," She explained to the boy as he continued messing with the chair.

"I like being different," Luffy exclaimed proudly as he looked at the green-haired woman. "These Devil Fruit powers are going to make us the greatest Pirate Duo ever!" He puffed his chest out in pride as he nudged the boy next to him, who flipped the chair over to show that he had fixed it already.

"Luffy, what do you know about Devil Fruits?" Makino asked as she walked over to the two boys.

"They don't taste very good," He looked up at the older woman with a sour face as he thought back to when he ate his.

Makino scoffed as she sat down between the two boys. "No two are the same," She mentioned as the two looked at her. "They each grant you a unique ability but there is a reason they're called Devil Fruits," She looked worried, mostly at Luffy.

"Because of the deal you make when you eat them," Y/n spoke up as he looked at the two next to him. "The ocean turns her back on you, you lose your strength if you try to swim," Y/n shrugged his shoulders as he spoke.

"All I know is that the Gum-Gum fruit is worth more than all of Shanks' treasure," Luffy seemed to ignore everything that was just said by the two as he continued on with his own train of thought. "And I ate it, so that makes me worth more,"

"Have you ever heard of the term 'There's no such thing as a free lunch'?" Makino asked the little rubber boy.

"Is it lunchtime?"

The other two just laughed at Luffy's reaction as Makino stood up. "How about you two try not to break anything else and I'll see what I can find in the kitchen," She hummed as she walked off, leaving the two to sit there in mostly silence.

"Shanks!" Luffy yelled as he stood up. "You gotta see what I can do now?" He yelled as he ran across the room and spun around, he started aiming at Y/n without hesitation.

"Luffy, no!" Makino yelled as he froze. "I'm going run out of furniture at this rate," She scolded the rubber boy once more.

"Listen to the lady, Luffy," Shanks chuckled as he lifted the box that stood there.

"Yeah, Luffy," Y/n laughed as he stood up. "I am feeling a little tired as it is," He explained as he watched Luffy punch the air before running over to Shanks again.