It's a Deal

Fiona put on a pair of trousers paired with her thickest uniform jumper. She braided her hair and tied it back, out of her face. She wore black leather gloves. She had her first flying lesson schedule for today, and she wanted to be prepared. Fig was returning in two days, and she wanted to learn how to fly solo beforehand. She didn't know where the Map Chamber would lead her too.

The first task of her flying lesson involved just hovering above the ground. Fiona managed to do that. Her next task was to fly threw a few hoops. She accomplished that as well. A fellow Ravenclaw, Everett Clopton offered to show Fiona a few flying tips for speed and agility, and she gratefully accepted. Everett guided her all over Hogwarts and its immediate surrounding area.

Fiona felt so alive in the air. She felt the freedom that often evaded her in muggle society. The air was so fresh high up, and she was getting a healthy dose of oxygen. She and Everett continued flying, passing by the Ravenclaw tower. They also flew past the Divination classroom, where Sebastian was trying hard to take the lesson seriously.

His class had just learned about reading tea leaves. Sebastian received the cross, which normally meant trials and suffering was in his future, but professor Onai assured him it wasn't set in stone or absolute. He was busy looking at Ominis's cup, when he heard a familiar voice cheering from outside. He turned to look outside the window and saw Fiona in all her joy, with Everett. Sebastian thought Everett was a bit pompous if he was being honest. What could he possibly have said or done to make Fiona that happy?

Fiona was already at the Ravenclaw table when Sebastian and Ominis arrived at the Great Hall for lunch. Sebastian approached Fiona and spoke.

"We are going to Hogsmeade this evening to get you a broom."

"Well hello to you too Sallow!" Fiona exclaimed. She was a bit surprised at his lack of warm greeting.

"I'll meet you outside your common room at 6. See you then Moriarty." Sebastian said. He quickly made his way to the Slytherin table.

"Well that was weird," stated Constance, "What's gotten into him."

"I have no clue, Constance." Fiona mumbled.

She really was confused about Sebastian's mood. He was normally so warm and full of humor around her. She decided to ignore her confusion and began to look forward to heading to Hogsmeade with Sebastian later.

Everett sat down across from her at the Ravenclaw table. Fiona noticed a smell coming from him. Was he wearing cologne?

"So Moriarty, you flew decently today."

"Thanks Everett. Thank you also for giving me some tips and techniques." Fiona replied.

"Well I know how you can repay me," Everett began speaking a bit louder, "why don't you let me buy you a butterbeer tonight?"

Fiona heard a thump coming from the direction of the Slytherin table. She became very aware that many other students in the Great Hall were listening in on her conversation with Everett.

"Well Everett, I wasn't aware that your offer to help me was purely transactional to you. Had I known of your expectations of me, I might have reconsidered accepting your offer to help in the first place." Fiona spoke confidently.

She didn't like that Everett assumed she needed to repay him, especially with what seemed like a date.

"Besides Everett, I've already made a commitment this evening. Have a lovely day." Fiona got up from the table and looked toward the Slytherin table. She was looking for Sebastian but only saw Ominis.

Fiona left the Great Hall and headed to the Undercroft, hoping to find Sebastian there. The Undercroft was, however, empty. With a bit of time before her next class, she decided to read a bit more of the Hogwarts history book Sebastian had left there.