The Court of Public Opinion

Fiona and Sebastian overheard her parents' conversation with Solomon. The adults seemed to not notice them.

"Well Solomon, it was... it was... well we saw each other again. Have an afternoon as pleasant as you are." Conor Moriarty strained out. Solomon simply grunted in response. He then caught sight of Sebastian. At the same time, Fiona's parent's noticed she was there.

"Boy," Solomon yelled at Sebastian, "what in the bloody hell did you do to your sister? Just like your father, no regard for anyone's safety."

Fiona and her parents gave Sebastian a sympathetic look. Fiona wanted to speak up in his defense, but professor Weasley arrived at the scene before she could.

"Ah Solomon Sallow. There you are. Please come to my office with me. We should discuss Anne's return to Hogwarts now that she has recovered." Professor Weasley politely addressed Solomon. Solomon for a moment looked panicked at the mention of Anne's recovery. The news seemed to take him by surprise. His expression only lasted a split second, but Fiona noticed it.

"Matilda, hello. Yes let's head to your office." Solomon replied and started walking away from the Great Hall.

"I'm coming with you." Sebastian called out, following Solomon. Professor Weasley gave a nod to the Moriartys and followed the Sallows to her office.

"Mam, Da, what are youse doing here?" Fiona asked her parents while giving them both hugs. She worried that Hogwarts had informed them about her stay in the Hospital Wing.

"Fiona, look at how beautiful you are becoming." Claire proclaimed. "We are here because we received a distressing letter from your brother. Do you know what happened to Sean? Do you know where he is?"

Fiona knew exactly what happened, but she wouldn't dare divulge his secrets to their parents. She did realize that she did not see him at Hospital Wing. Last time she was there, he visited as soon he was given news that she awake.

"I dunno what is going on with him. But I reckon he is in his dorm at Gryffindor. I can take you to the entrance. We will ask the first student who exits to retrieve him."

"Lead the way Fi." Conor replied.

Still hungry, Fiona guided her parents through the castle to the Gryffindor entrance. She doubted they needed her help to guide them. They had been students there after all. At the entrance, the three Moriartys waited a minute before the fat lady portrait opened. To Fiona's dismay, a familiar seventh year appeared before her.

"Fiona Moriarty! Fancy seeing you here!" James Doyle cheerily greeted her. "These must be your parents. Mr. and Mrs. Moriarty, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm James Doyle." Doyle shook hands with her parents. Fiona felt like throwing up.

"James, you wouldn't have happened to see our Sean in there before leaving?" Claire asked him.

"As a matter of fact, I did! Shall I go fetch him for you?" Doyle happily offered.

"That would be grand. Thanks a million lad." Claire answered.

Doyle disappeared behind the fat lady portrait and reappeared five minutes later with a very disheveled Sean.

"Well I better be off to the library. It was lovely to meet you. I hope this will not be our last encounter." Doyle was speaking to Fiona's parents but staring at her the whole time. It made her uncomfortable. She wished Sebastian were by her side and wondered how the meeting with professor Weasley was going.

"Mam, Da, what are youse doing here?" Sean asked his parents. It was apparent that he had been crying.

"Your sister asked us the exact same question." Conor began.