The Owlery

Fiona woke up the next morning far less emotional than the night before. She wasn't proud that she ripped up Sebastian's letter, but she decided to move forward with their friendship with caution. After going to the toilet, she came back to a letter on her bed.

Dear Fiona,

I've managed to come back to Hogwarts for a few hours before I have to head back to the ministry. Please come by my office immediately. We can head to the library from there.

-Fig

Fiona smiled at his informal way of writing. He really was a very down to earth professor. She got dressed, brushed her teeth, and fixed her hair. She then headed to Fig's office, ancient magic book in tow.

"Ah Fiona there you are! Let's go, I haven't got much time before the ministry suspects I'm gone." Fig was already ushering her out the door.

Fiona stood still and said to Fig,

"Well actually professor, I've already been to the restricted section and found what we were looking for." Fiona took out the book.

"How in the heavens did you get into, you know what never mind, I don't want to know."

Fig took the book and examined it. He also noted the missing pages.

"I'm going to take this back to London with me to study it further. Thank you for getting it. Watch out for my owl."

Fiona bid Fig farewell, and she headed to the Great Hall for breakfast. She sat down alone at the Ravenclaw table and began eating. After ten minutes, she felt a light tap on her shoulder.

She turned around to find Garreth standing behind her, twiddling his thumbs together looking nervous.

"What do you want Weasley?" Fiona hoped she conveyed her disdain for him.

"Well Fiona," Garreth began nervously, "I want to apologize for my behavior last night. I should have never had touched you. I can't believe I listened to Leander of all people. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm such a bloody idiot, but I want to be better. Can we start over?"

Fiona couldn't believe he was apologizing. She appreciated it, but she was still wary of him.

"Garreth, I appreciate your words and the courage it took to come apologize, but I think the best thing you can give me is space."

Garreth nodded and headed to the Gryffindor table. Fiona was happy to have him out of her hair for now. She would still be sure to watch out for him though.

After she finished her breakfast, she headed to the library and decided to write to her parents. She told them all about her first week, minus the mess with ancient magic, Ranrok, and the events of the previous night. She did tell them about the new friends she had made. She wasn't sure if she should include Sebastian in her letter. She really needed to talk to him to put her mind at ease. Still she did the mention the freckled face Slytherin, who accompanied her to Hogsmeade. She put her letter in an envelope and figured she would send it when she was at the owlery for detention.

After writing her letter, she pulled a book about the history of Hogwarts from the shelves. She opened the book to a random page. It was a section about Salazar Slytherin. It made her think about what a particular freckled face Slytherin was doing at the moment. She cursed herself. Why was she thinking about a boy she didn't know if she could trust? She turned to a section on Rowena Ravenclaw. She figured it was prudent to learn about her house's namesake.

After an hour of reading, she realized someone was standing in front of her table. She looked up to see Sebastian. Fiona frowned. She thought she still had time to gather her thoughts before she had to see him at detention.