The Helmet of Urtkot

The train ride back to Hogwarts the day after the wedding was long. Anne opted to sit with Sean and some of his Gryffindor friends. Fiona and Sebastian sat with Ominis. Right before the train took off, Poppy Sweeting knocked on their cabin door, asking to sit with them.

"Fiona, Sebastian, and..." Poppy began.

"Ominis Gaunt." Ominis replied, holding out his hand.

Poppy took it and shook it.

"I'm Poppy Sweeting. I believe we have Herbology together and DADA."

"Ah Ms. Sweeting, I believe you are correct." Ominis concurred.

"Please just call me Poppy. Anyways, may I sit down with you all?" Poppy nervously asked.

"Of course Poppy!" Fiona answered.

She knew what people whispered about the sweet Hufflepuff. They called her peculiar Poppy. It seemed she spent more time with magical beasts than with other Hogwarts students. Fiona reckoned that shouldn't be enough reason for an unkind moniker. Poppy took a seat down next to Ominis and across from Fiona.

"So Poppy, how was your break?" Sebastian asked.

"Oh it was wonderful. Thank you for asking. I spent time with my grams. We traveled the southern coasts, learning about all kinds of animals." Poppy's eyes shined as she recounted her experiences. "What did you all do?"

"First of all Poppy, it sounds like your break was perfect for you. You truly have a way with animals." Fiona answered. "I spent my break in London. My brother Colm got married last night."

"To my cousin Morgana." Ominis cut in. "Alas, I was also stuck with my family in London over the break." He complained.

"And you Sebastian? I heard Anne is feeling better, and that your uncle... well he is not in the picture anymore. Where did you stay?" Poppy didn't want to open any wounds regarding Solomon.

Sebastian didn't mind the mention of his uncle. Everyday he was thankful he had read about and learned the killing curse. It was the reason Fiona was still alive. He lovingly placed an arm around Fiona's shoulder before he answered Poppy.

"Anne and I spent the break at Fiona's parent's London townhouse, and you don't need to tiptoe around the fact that my uncle was a sick bastard who drugged himself to death." Sebastian kept a smile as he spoke.

"I heard rumors about what the aurors found in his cellar. I didn't know it was true. It seems the world is better off that he is deceased." Poppy thought aloud. "Where is Anne then?"

Sebastian nor Ominis wanted to answer the question. The topic of Anne and Sean was still fresh and awkward.

"Anne is sitting with some other friends of hers. I think she had enough of Sebastian and me after a week. Anne and I shared a room." Fiona answered, trying to make light of the whole situation.

"Well you and Sebastian are rather adorable. I suppose it could get old after a week." Poppy giggled. "Did you enjoy your cousin's wedding Ominis?"

"As much as I love my cousin, I detest anything having to do with my family." Ominis replied, rather truthfully.

"Oh." Poppy quietly said.

"Poppy, I'm assuming you are aware of my family's beliefs in blood status?" Ominis questioned.

Poppy nodded before remembering that Ominis was blind.

"Yes."

"I do not share those beliefs. It's disgusting to think that way. That is why I cannot stand my family. My cousin Morgana is different. That is the only reason I attended the wedding in the first place." Ominis continued to explain.