A Gaunt Bride

Sebastian spent the week between Christmas and New Years Eve playing games with Fiona's family, reading, exploring London, and stealing a kiss from Fiona every chance he could. On the morning of the wedding, Sebastian travelled with Fiona's brothers, her father, and Damien to Diagon Alley to pick up their formal robes. Conor invited that lads to a muggle pub for lunch, wanting to celebrate Colm's lasts hours as a single man. They did a bit more drinking than eating, arriving back at the townhome a bit tipsy. Claire gave them an earful.

Fiona and Anne had been in Fiona's room, spending time getting ready. Fiona took over doing Anne's hair, using her wand and the hot air charm to make little ringlets of Anne's thick and silky locks. She also did Anne's makeup, as Constance once did for her. She made sure to bring out Anne's caramel eyes.

Regarding herself, she thought about what Ominis had told her to do weeks ago. She wanted to look nice, but she didn't want extra attention from Octavian or Marvolo. But what if bringing Sebastian as her date would be enough for others to leave her alone? She decided to go with a tea length black dress. She styled her hair in a French twist and wore bright red lipstick. Her desire to impress Sebastian outweighed her fear of the Gaunts.

Anne and Fiona heard a knock at the bedroom door.

"Anne, Fiona, mam says it's time to go. They organized carriages to take us to the Gaunts. Hurry up!" Sean shouted from outside the door.

Anne opened the door. Sean looked her up and down, licking his lips.

"You look unbelievable." Sean sighed quietly.

"Thank you Sean. You look rather handsome yourself." Anne was beaming.

She left the room and walked downstairs with Sean. Fiona followed shortly behind. As she made her way down the staircase, she realized she was the last person upstairs. She took a moment to gaze upon her family. She had never seen them dressed so fancy. Then, she saw him, her Sebastian.

The image of him in his formal robes, hair slicked back, looking more man than boy, made Fiona breathless for a moment. She looked straight at him, in conversation with Cillian, hoping he would notice her. Just a moment later, he did, locking eyes with her. His expression was one of love and cherishing. He quickly walked to the base of the stairs to meet Fiona.

"Fiona... wow... you look... exquisite..." Sebastian leaned his head close to hers and whispered his next words in her ear. "And so incredibly sexy."

"You aren't looking too bad yourself Sallow." Fiona giggled. "I would even say you look handsome tonight."

"You should wear the locket open tonight. I want every man there to see that you are mine." Sebastian quietly spoke.

"And what will let the women know that you are mine?" Fiona countered.

Sebastian gave her a forehead kiss.

"That should do it. Unless you think a real kiss is needed to convince them. I would be happy to oblige." Sebastian shamelessly flirted with her.

Fiona rolled her eyes. Her parents called for everyone to leave the house. The carriages had arrived. They were taken just outside of London to a rather large estate. Being the family of the groom, they arrived before any guests.

The Moriartys were greeted by Cornelius Gaunt and his wife Penelope.

"Conor, Claire, Colm, Cillian, Michael, Sean, Fiona, and ... you three are?"

"Cornelius, Penelope, good evening. These three are our guests for the holidays. This is Damien Weasley. And these two are Anne and Sebastian Sallow." Conor answered.