The News

[Noah Pov] After getting out of the elevator, we walk over to the front desk, we see someone familiar. Shit, not him..

Cody's Dad.

His dad is mad at Cody, he wasnt at home the entire weekend. Cody told me his dad tends to get mad if he isnt at home in an hour after getting out of the house or school. But i wasnt expecting him to be here. Maybe he was kicked out..?

"D-dad, im sorry! I wanted to go on vacation with my friend!"

"Friend my ass, i have seen how you two act around eachother."

We looked at eachother. Was he spying on us..? I looked back at his dad. He was drinking beer. He finishes the bottle and holds it up. Suddenly a broadcast turns on the TV.

News Lady: Hello everyone! And welcome to News 12! On the twelfth channel. There has been a murder at ***** st. We have two suspects waiting to be found and questioned. If you have seen any of these two kids, which are known as Cody and Noah. Please report to the police station.

Our eyes widen. Did they find the pocket knife..? Cody's dad is looking at the TV, then at us.

"DID MY SON MURDER SOMEBODY?!" He yells. I grab Cody's hand and run away as fast as possible.

"Did we get caught..?" Cody asks me.

"I guess.." i answer.

"Shit."

I grab Cody's hand and run away again. We need to find something to do. Cody gets a phone call from his mom.

"CODY?! DID YOU KILL SOMEBODY?!" His mom yells through the phone.

Cody flinches.

"I-IT WAS AN ACCIDENT MOM, IM SORRY!"

"You are a disaapointment Cody. And im reporting you to the police, get back home, NOW?"

She hangs up.