Eight

Maybe I just realized that I missed him and that I still really like him. But I also realized that it's better for both of us if we're just friends, nothing more.

I sit up slowly, rub my eyes again and finally stand up. Since I have Wille on the phone, who is still sleeping and Alejandro is hopefully still doing the same, as late as he came home last night, I take a pair of shorts from my closet as quietly as I can and put them on.

Then I take my phone and go into the kitchen with it. I don't know why I don't just hang up. For some reason I don't want it. Can you understand that? I don't think so.

I open the fridge and take out a jug of cold water. Now in the summer I always make sure that we always have something to drink in the fridge because the water from the tap is much too warm. I fill a jar with it and put it back in the fridge.

While I'm drinking, Wille moves. He seems to be waking up slowly. "Good morning" I go back to my room. He smiles, his eyes still closed. "Hi" he yawns. "How did you sleep?" I look questioningly into my phone camera. "Surprisingly well. How about you?" "Same" I laugh briefly.

I let him wake up slowly while I go to my closet to get dressed properly. "Lia texted me. She'll come by later to talk to me" he says, still a little sleepy. "Good luck" I'm just putting on a shirt. "Thank you" he turns to the other side with his phone. "Also for last night" he smiles.

"We can do it again as far as I’m concerned" fuck. That just sounded very cringe. However, Wille doesn't seem to care at all. We talk on the phone for a few more minutes, but then hang up because we both have other things to do.

Pov Wilhelm
"So you agree that it's better for both of us if we break up?" Lia looks at me questioningly. I nod. I actually thought it wouldn't hurt too much, but that's just what it does. It hurts. I pull her into a tight hug. "Friends?" "Friends."

After a while I slowly let go of her. Her eyes are shining suspiciously, mine too. It's not all that emotionless. "When do we tell your parents?" I shrug my shoulders. "We could eat with them today or something, I don't know"

I actually don't want to because I know for a fact that mom and dad won't be happy. "I’ll just ask mom" I take my phone and write her a short message. The answer comes shortly afterwards. "It's working. Over at their place at 2 p.m." "Good" Lia smiles briefly.

"Uh... we have to tell you something" Lia begins slowly. Mom and Dad both look at us expectantly. "We... um..." she stutters and looks at me for help. "We broke up"

Silence.

Both sit there as if petrified. "You’re not serious" Dad says after what feels like an eternity. "Yes we are" says Lia. "Surely this boy is to blame for that" "First of all, this boy's name is Simon, how many times do I have to tell you that?! And secondly, no, he's not" I say calmly.

"We'll see about that." "Kristina. You can't always blame him entirely, especially if you don't know the reason for the break up" Lia says, just as calmly as I did before. "In an hour in meeting room B, both of you" Mom gets up and walks away.

- Lia and I broke up this morning and at lunchtime we told my parents
- I know you don't normally do this so quickly, but if we had kept it a secret for a few more days, Mom would have killed me
- However
- We were then dragged from meetings to meetings
- Conclusion: We have to pretend we are together for a few more weeks
- Oh and before I forget, mom blamed you
- You don't have to understand it

Pov Simon
Wille texted all of this to me within a few minutes. While I'm reading his messages I think:
'So much for that, his mother has already written me off anyway'

Shortly afterwards I get a notification from my browser. I click on it and read the article that appears to me with my mouth open.

'Insider suggests: Crown Prince Wilhelm and Lia Forsberg are in relationship trouble or even separated?'

Is the headline. I send it to Wille without hesitation.

- I can already hear mom cursing
- With articles like this there is no longer anything to keep secret

~ I feel sorry for you

- Never mind, it's always like that

~ Shit

- You can say that out loud

Over the next few days there will be more and more break up rumors. Wille keeps me up to date all the time, which is kind of weird and kind of not.