One

(BOY IS THIS BOOK NOT APPROPRIATE.

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS MATURE. Really, really inappropriate themes.

The original cover image is not mine, and as always, the reader is female.

The title is correct: this also involves our cinnamon roll. ♡

Enjoy~)

[x][x][x]

"... are you sure you're ready for this?"

Even if he'd been deviant for over two years, the android once sent by CyberLife sat rigidly in the passenger seat of your vehicle. "Absolutely. Why would I not be ready?"

An eyebrow damn near hit the roof of the car. "Because you're sitting like there's a stick shoved up your ass."

An awkward pause filled the air surrounding you, but Connor was the one to speak up first. "Forgive me. I do not mean to agitate you, Sergeant. I... also do not know any other way to sit." Judging by his expression, there was more he wanted to say, but it seemed like Lieutenant Anderson had broken the kid out of his habit of asking personal questions. Or damn near any questions.

Sighing quietly, your grip on the steering wheel loosened enough to let a hand drop from it. "Connor. You're stuck with me for awhile. Now, I don't know exactly what Hank told you what and what not to do and say, but when you're with me? I don't mind the curiosity." Eyes so dark they seemed nearly black locked onto your face, though the lopsided smile softened them completely. "I'm serious. You've been on the force for what, two years now? By this point I'd have expected you to feel more relaxed. But you're nearly the exact same as you were when you showed up."

His smile fell apart, turning his head to face the front again. "... I'm sorry."

"Don't be, hon. Just know that having me as a partner is gonna be a hell of a lot more different than Hank."

[Hon?]

"Is this because you are female?"

"Doubtful. It's probably because you always had my support in going deviant. All of you. Machines learning so much that they realize they're self-aware? It's fascinating and also horrifying. I'm just glad you know I'm on your side." Laughing under your breath, you added, "I always joked that if appliances were self-aware, I'd be the first to die because oh my God I get so pissed off at shit. Get killed from some vending machine shooting soda cans out right at my skull."

Much to your surprise, the RK800 chuckled softly in a low, quiet tone. "You cannot describe scenes from Maximum Overdrive and expect me not to realize, Sergeant." The alarm on your face was palpable but also brief as his smile widened. "Hank enjoys the film, as campy as it is. I have seen it several times, myself."

"So our detective prototype likes a Stephen King movie, I'll mark that box on my bingo card." Before he could speak you shot him a look. "Sarcasm."

".... right."

[x][x][x]

At least this time there's no body...

The pulsating bass-heavy music had been turned down a good deal, and your boots echoed a bit as you walked inside the Eden Club- after thanking your temporary partner for holding the door open, that is.

Almost instantly things seemed off. No one had been killed, sure, but that didn't mean no one was harmed. A middle-aged human male sat in a chair off to the side near the reception desk, looking like he'd gotten into a fight with a wrecking ball. There was tissue shoved up his nose to stop a bleed, a good number of bruises beginning to bloom on his pasty skin, and he just looked generally a mess.