Thirteen

Ten minutes later there was a knock at your bedroom door. "Cloud, fuck off, I am NOT in the mood to hear your shit," you called out, groaning before you buried your face into your pillow again.

"... Sergeant, it's me," your partner replied. "... I am alone."

Well, it was better than the other one. "... it's unlocked, hon." The door opened, and the android silently slipped inside before shutting the door again. Not bothering to lift your head to look, you frowned into your pillow. "... prove it's you and not voice mimicry."

"Do I look like a dom to you, Sergeant?" Repeating the exact words he'd spoken outside of the Eden Club was enough: it was definitely Connor. Seconds passed before the bed shifted, the android slowly sitting on its edge beside you. "Is there anything I can do..." came that smooth, gentle sound. "Anything at all?"

Don't ask him to do something; tell him to.

Ignoring that unfortunate recollection, you finally turned your head to see the RK800: the concern was heavy in his eyes. "... am I making a mistake? Or was letting him live here the mistake in the first place?"

"The last couple of days have been a whirlwind, Sergeant. You are at perfect liberty to remove him if you so chose to." A hand lifted, paused, then finally laid on your shoulder. "... I believe I may know the underlying problem, but it is your choice whether or not you want the truth."

Tell him to.

Damn it. "Connor, tell me the truth."

He offered a wry grin. "You already know what you want, but for the sake of your pride in multiple things, you are at odds against yourself." Shifting, the RK800 turned towards you a bit more. "Having my successor here does not bother you, but it is the fact that he is openly telling you what you want that gets under your skin. He detects desire, yes, but it goes far beyond that. You know what you want, but you do not appreciate being told when you are still embarrassed by it, yourself. Yet, at the end of the day, you want to say yes."

Letting that sink in, you sighed slowly, eyes closing. "Anything else?"

"You hold yourself back. While you did, in fact, advance swiftly in your career, the thought of willingly being submissive makes you believe that it will destroy all that effort you've put in. But they are two entirely different things, and it's perfectly acceptable to desire both." Connor looked aside for a moment. "Sergeant, you are attracted to him, even I can see that. But the only reason you will not accept becoming an integral part to his repurpose is because you feel like you have not earned it."

That did get you to lift your head, which in turn made your partner grin himself. "What the fuck do you mean, earn it?"

"Your head count. The only reason you've gone through intimate partners so quickly is because you aren't satisfied. None of them have ever agreed to do as you wanted, so you leave. Your sole long-term relationship ended for this reason, as well, and that was when you began counting." When your gorgeous eyes narrowed, the android knew he'd hit his mark. "Sergeant. I may be innocent, but I am not ignorant. I know that you and Detective Reed were together at one point before my arrival. And based on the information I have been gathering, he was uncomfortable with--"

You didn't just cover his mouth; you gripped his jaw tightly, cutting him off mid-sentence. "Connor. Shut your fucking mouth about that shit. What's over is over, and I would rather the bullpen not know my past." Releasing your hold, you finally shifted and sat beside him. "... I think I hate that you're right," you added, audibly miserable. "I don't know how you got all of that, but..."

"As I told you... I wanted to know you better. And your past does not change my opinion of you. I consider these details minor additions to who I see seated beside me."