Six

[YOUR DOM MODE HAS BEEN DISABLED. WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!]

There was definitely a chuckle, echoing in Connor's head. [It has been disabled for the one who has disabled it.]

[So you've conned us.]

[Don't be daft. What I've said was not a demonstration. It was a promise.]

In the backseat, the RK800 had no idea how incredibly uncomfortable one being could feel until exactly that moment. [A promise that she will sign your contract does not appeal to me as you feel it ought to, Connell.]

[At surface level, no. But I see how you defend her. I've hardly gotten to know my predecessor, but he is quite complicated when it comes to his feelings.]

[She is not so easily swayed. I will ensure that she does not sign your damn contract.]

[Mm, yet here I am, in the passenger seat of her vehicle. You didn't want this, boy.]

[I did not want you coming onto her!]

[Why?] Catching the eye of the older prototype in the wing mirror, Cloud barely held his pleasure in how things were turning out in check. [What does it matter? We are all consenting adults. Are you in an intimate relationship with your superior? No. Do you want one? Yes. You cannot deny it. I am programmed to detect desire in others, Connor, and I am more than willing to take your desires into consideration.]

Connor's response was careful, masking something close to offended rage. [Into consideration how...?]

[By gifting my sunflower with a little puppy. Cute, sweet, eager to please. Her precious Connoranian, if you will.]

Trying to convince his algorithms to give an appropriate response seemed nigh impossible. The RK800 lowered his head and bent forward, arms folding around his skull and trying not to mentally self-destruct.

[I am offended. I am HIGHLY offended. I am not a puppy, nor am I in the slightest bit interested in this!! This does not intrigue me, and I will not allow it to come back to the forefront of my thought process!

I am not intrigued. Absolutely not.]

[While I'm certain none of that was intended for me to hear, Connor, you are lying to yourself. Say what you will, I have sparked something in your head. Give me time, and you will understand why you are intrigued.]

Your partner did not sit up for the remainder of the ride; his face was practically melting the white shell beneath his skin, and he didn't want you to see.

[x][x][x]

The RK900 took a long, long time wandering your home, scanning and observing with an emotionless face. While you showed him around, your partner made a beeline for his room, head down and hoping with every line of code that you did not follow.

Connell had done what he intended: planted the seed of curiosity in the boy. All he had to do was stand back and let it grow.

Standing beside you politely while you introduced Julius, the RK900 tilted his head while the python slithered around your forearm, visibly enjoying the affection. "What an unusual companion choice, sunflower," he murmured, hand slowly raising. "May I?"

"Careful. He's my baby. But he took to Connor really fast, which I've never even heard of be-- Oh my fucking God," you sighed in disbelief. Jules was just as eager to meet Cloud as he was Connor. The tall prototype even lifted his arm, bringing the snake closer to get the android's scent properly. "... do androids and reptiles have some kind of symbiotic thing?"

"Mm, doubtful. But he is a charming creature."

Weight shifting to one hip, you watched thoughtfully. "... he looks like you." Connell's sharp eyes lifted in your direction. "Blue eyes, pure white, quiet and mild... If you tell me you like sitting in the sun, I'm gonna scream."

The grin formed slowly. "Well... I have not been outdoors much, as we were not allowed... so..."

"Aaauuuuugghhhh," you replied at a much lower volume than you'd joked.

Laughing under his breath, the android cautiously settled Julius into his tank, securing the lid and pausing. "... thank you." Hands behind his back, the RK900 turned to face you. "... while this is not the predicament you'd wanted, I am grateful for the hospitality. This... allows me to feel more... normal, I suppose. More human, more accepted, and less... sex slave."

"Don't really enjoy it, do you?" A small step was taken, getting a much better understanding of just how imposing the male was.

"I do enjoy it immensely for a number of reasons. What I did not enjoy was the lack of freedom to do it properly." Reaching, the whip was detached from his slacks and held, the lash unfurling down to the floor. "As a dom prototype, my purpose was to give a mere glimpse into this life. Clients were required to make appointments, especially as there is only one of me." That crystal blue sought your soul, and the chills came before you could brace for them. "For business, it did what they wanted. But I was not only given the limited capabilities they used me for. I am a complete and full dom, forced for two years to operate without being allowed to do what they'd made me for in the first place."

His tone was dripping with sorrow, and you realized: Connell was serious. He was repurposed and never allowed to do what he'd been changed for. "So you were 100% altered, but the Eden Club only let you work at 50%?"

"Closer to 15%, sunflower, but it doesn't matter." Glancing at the black leather whip, his temple blinked a bright yellow. "... may I explain?"

"Can you put that whip away first?" You grinned a touch at his surprise. "You're looking at it like you're gonna use it."

With a shrug, the android took the other end of the lash and lifted the entire thing, hooking you with it and playfully pulling you closer. The laughter from your mouth was enough of a reward. "There. I've used my whip on you." Coiling the weapon again, it was set aside on the table with Jules' tank... but you hadn't moved back again. "... the relationship between a dom and their sub takes time, trust, effort, communication..." Cloud shook his head. "None of that can be achieved by appointment. My very core operates on wanting a contract with a partner, or however the situation demands. If I cannot perform what I was repurposed for, I am... worthless." Face closed off, it turned away. "They took my purpose from me and gave me a new one. I was not allowed a say in any of this. I am lost, sunflower. Forgive me for inserting myself into your life and home, but... seeing my predecessor gave me... hope."

This seemed to be the true Connell, when he wasn't letting Dom Mode make his decisions. "Wait, seeing Connor gave you hope...? How...?"

"Because if anyone could get me out of that prison, it was my predecessor. Only he knew who I was and what I was originally intended to be. While there was the risk that he would be resentful... The moment he offered a hand to me to shake, I'd made up my mind. Selfish and impolite, I am sorry, but I thank you both for taking me in." A beat passed. "...... I meant everything I've said. I am thankful to be out of that Club and someplace more welcoming... but I also truly wish to show you just what it is I am capable of."

Taking his words lightly, you grinned and shook your head a bit. "Cloud, I'm not innocent. Far, far from it. I don't think you can surprise me."

Though he opened his mouth, the prototype turned his head away, turning some thought over. "... I could tell you so much about this. I could tell you how very involved the lifestyle can be. It isn't merely intimacy." That piercing gaze turned your stomach upside down. "But I won't tell you anything unless you ask. I want very, very badly to know you are curious." Like before, a hand lifted to trace along your jawline. "... but I will not waste my breath trying to help you blossom if you are not willing to feed, sunflower."