𝐕𝐈. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫

About a week later, I heard a knock on the door, "I'll get it" I yelled just in case it was who I think it was

About a week later, I heard a knock on the door, "I'll get it" I yelled just in case it was who I think it was. I opened the door and saw that it was who I expected, Benny. I looked behind me making sure my mom wasn't there, I walked out the door closing it behind me. I got really close to Benny, our chest almost touching and honestly didn't mind it, but he backed away seeming to be flustered. "Me and my friends are gonna go to the fair later and I thought you'd like to tag along, maybe get a funnel cake" He said. "Are you asking me on a date?" I asked smirking at him, he looked a little wide eyed and he looked pink. "What? no no" He said sounding very unconvincing, and I knew he was lying. "Oh okay" I said nodding my head slowly so he knew that I knew he was lying, "But either way sure sounds fun." He smiled and said "Great, be ready by 6." "K, I will be" I replied with a light smile, he walked or more skipped away all proud.

I asked my mom If I could go to Audrey's house and she reluctantly agreed. I had texted Audrey earlier and we agreed that we would get ready to go, then I would walk to her house. That was exactly what I did the minute she said yes I ran upstairs and started getting ready. I took a shower, I straightened my hair and put on a simple outfit, a grey cropped tank top and a pair of light wash jeans. I put on mascara, did my eyebrows and put on a little blush. I sprayed my favorite perfume, It had a little sweet and floral scent; the smell was very romantic in my opinion and I love it. I threw on a pair of shoes and made my way down the street to Audrey's house, I knocked on the door like Benny had two hours before.

       She opened the door and pulled me inside quickly, we ran upstairs to her room and she finished getting ready. About ten minutes later, at '5:47' we put on our shoes and made our way to the park while I texted Benny.

Benny boo-boo bear❤️

Hey we are on our way to the

park if you guys wanna meet us there

Yeah we are all heading that way now

K, see you there

       "Who you texting" Audrey said, and that was when I realized I was smiling down at my phone. "Benny" I said, she looked at me with a smirk and I simply rolled my eyes. When we made it to the park I could see Benny telling his friends something in a hushed voice. When we arrived, I saw scotty smalls pointing me out then Benny suddenly swung around looking at me. "Hey" he eyes averted to Audrey quickly but were back on mine almost immediately. "Hey" we replied, "Lets get going so we can be there in time for the sundown." Benny said.

        We started to walk there, and I walked with Benny towards the back of the group, I saw Audrey and Nolan walking together and that's when it hit me that, that's who Audrey likes, Nolan. That honestly makes so much sense, no that I think about it she has been spending more time with him. "When did that start" I asked, pointing at the two, "I don't know but all I can say is they would be cute together" benny said making a great point.

When we made it to the fair, the sun had just about set and the sky was a pinky orange. The shining lights where what you could see best and all the rides were in motion. We walked to the ticket booth and I started getting out my wallet, I pulled out four dollars to pay. I looked to Audrey to make sure she had some money and she did. "It's on me guys" Someone said and I whipped my head around to see who would spend that much money and of course it was Benny.

He payed for the tickets and everyone quickly thanked him, they all ran off in different directions but I stayed for a second to thank him. "Thank you but you really didn't have to" I said to him and we started walking together. "A lady should never pay on the first date" he said. "I thought this wasn't a date" I said referring back to the words he previously stated. "It's not but the matter still stands" he replied taking his eyes off all the beautiful lights and looking into mine.

We continued on with our walk till i saw a funnel cake stand; thinking back to the words Benny had said before I said "you know" he looks towards me "you did promise me a funnel cake" pointing to the stand. "You're right, I did" he said, with a smile he pulled me over to the booth and we stood in line for a couple minutes when we finally made it to the front.

"Can I get 1 Oreo funnel cake?" He said, "that will be 5.00 dollars, please" the worker said. He handed the money to her and she put it into the cash register. We started to walk over to the pick up counter. "Oreo funnel cake?" I ask skeptically. "Yeah there the best." I still had the same look on my face and he looked shocked "have you really never had one?!" He said, or i guess yelled. "No?" I responded, "okay where have you been all your life, you have not lived till you have had one" he said. "Okay, whatever you say" I said still skeptical.

We got our funnel cake and sat down on a bench, we both tore a piece off, while Benny's was bigger. We took a bite at the same time and it really did live up to it reputation, though Benny was definitely over exaggerating it, it was pretty good I had to admit. "So.." Benny said waiting for my rating, " it's pretty good" I said and he looked dumb founded. "Just good, it's one of the best things I've tasted" he stated like it was common knowledge. I laughed at his antics and said "okay it's amazing" "Yeah that's better" he said, my laughter died down after a while but I knew that this was going to be the best night I'll have for a while.