Roronoa Zoro x [F] Reader 🏠 Never Home AU - Part 1?

"I said leave me alone!" I punch the guy in the gut.

"She feisty one ~"

"Leave her alone." I look up there's another guy with mossy green hair.

"Oof..." The guy grabs me. "Fuck off!"

"You heard her," he takes a step.

"I wouldn't if I was you ~" He holds a knife out.

"You think a knife scares me?" He grins.

The guy throws me to the ground and goes at Moss head. The two go at it, and Moss head disarms him.

"Ha, not so tough now, are ya?"

The guy grins at him, he runs at Moss head. Another knife comes out, Moss head holds his eye. "Now who's not so tough?" He runs off.

I race over to Moss head, "are you okay?"

"Bastard got my eye..." He turns to me, "are you okay?"

"I'm fine! You're the one that got hurt! I need to take you to the hospital now!" I help him up, "my car not to far." We head to my car, "my name (Y/N)."

"Zoro," he smiles at me.

"You're an idiot smiling after your eye has been cut."

"Yeah, but I'm going to be your idiot."

I look at him, "is that so?"

- Present Day -

I checked the time Zoro should be home soon. "His onigiri are ready." I hear his ute pull up, I go to the door. I open it for him, "hey babe ~ How are you? How was work?" I go to kiss him but he walks past.

He stops and kisses me, "sorry baby. Yeah, I'm okay." He walks off to our room

"That's usual," I follow him up to our room. He jumps in the shower, "want me to join you? ~"

"No, I'm really dirty today."

"Okay, how was work?" I open the door a bit, I watch him ~

"Pervert..."

"What's the difference if I'm in the shower with you and me standing here."

"Pervert..."

"I know when I got a good thing standing in front of me ~ Anyway work?"

"It was a shit day."

"Why? What happened?"

"It's nothing you need to worry about." He turns the shower off, steps out and kisses me. "I love you."

"I love you too. There's some onigiris in the kitchen."

"Thanks, babe." He walks out and down the stairs.

"Zoro always tells me how his day went." Maybe he's tried.

~~~~~

"Okay, I'm going out!"

I ran out of the kitchen, "I made dinner. I made your favourite sashimi."

"I'll take it for lunch tomorrow." He kisses me, "don't wait up." He heads for the door.

"It's best to have it now!"

"I'll have it when I get back!" He closes the door.

"I'll have dinner by myself..."

He probably had a rough day. He's going to have a few drinks. It's only for one night.

~~~~~

I check my phone, "it's 12:30 am he's still not home." I hear the front door open, I turn my lamp on.