•16•

Days turned into weeks and while weeks turned into month as Jongsuk remained at his daughter Y/n's bedside, watching over her, hoping for her recovery. He had managed to keep her existence a secret from the rest of the family, knowing that the truth would come as a shock to everyone.

However, secrets have a way of being discovered, and one fateful day, Namjoon couldn't ignore the growing unease within him. He had noticed his father's sudden absence from important business meetings and the suspicious behaviour. Questions lingered in his mind, suspicions that he couldn't shake.

One evening, after returning from his own hectic day at the office, Namjoon decided to confront his father. He found Jongsuk sitting alone in his study, his face etched with a mix of emotion hope, worry, and sadness.

"Dad" Namjoon began, his voice laced with concern, "I can't help but notice that something is amiss. You've been distant lately, and the atmosphere around you... it's different. What's going on?"

Namjoon watched his father, his eyes searching for answers. Jongsuk finally spoke, his voice heavy with emotion. "Namjoon, my son, there's nothing going on. Don't worry."

"Are you sure, Dad?" Namjoon questioned, unable to shake his unease.

Jongsuk just seemed to nod at his words, sighing. Namjoon bowed to his father before walking away.

Meanwhile, Seojun was going through some files in his godfather's office when he unexpectedly stumbled upon a DNA test report. Opening it, he couldn't help but feel shock, anger, and disappointment after seeing what was written.

"It matches? He has another child?" He questioned himself until he saw the name written on the report "Kim Y/n."

His eyes widened in anger as he dialed up Jongsuk number.

Seojun clenched his jaw, waiting anxiously as the phone rang. Finally, Jongsuk answered, his voice cautious. "Seojun? Is something the matter?"

Seojun's tone was tense as he responded, "I found something in your office. A test report with a match to someone named 'Kim Y/n' . Care to explain?"

There was a heavy silence on the other end of the line before Jongsuk let out a deep sigh. "Seojun, it's not what you think."

"I don't care, I need to see it for myself," Seojun's anger flared, demanding answers and clarity.

Jongsuk could feel the weight of Seojun's anger through the phone, and he knew he couldn't evade this conversation any longer. He sighed deeply, realizing he needed to be honest with Seojun.

"Seojun, I understand your anger, and you have a right to know," Jongsuk admitted, his voice tinged with regret. "But it's a complicated situation. I'll explain everything when we meet in person."

Seojun's voice remained sharp, "Where and when?"

"Now?" Jong-suk suggested tentatively.

Seojun hesitated for a moment before replying, "Can we meet in my office itself?"

Jong-suk agreed, realizing that the office might provide a more neutral ground for this difficult conversation.

Jong-suk knew that facing Seojun and sharing the truth was inevitable. As he hung up the phone, he felt a mixture of relief for finally addressing the situation and anxiety about how Seojun would react to the revelation.

••••••••••

"What do you mean she's alive?" Seojun's voice trembled with a mix of anger and confusion. "Why didn't you tell me? Why?"