Chapter 53

Seaborn Seraqua POV, September 29th 10:00 AM

Today, I have learned something.

Mr Flinter hasn't died yet, but he's in some sort of coma that might last a couple of weeks. So, in that case, I still have time to wake him up with my powers.

The hospital hallway floor was shiny and clean, I had forgotten to wipe my feet off on the doormat, so I fear that the floor is going to become filthy because of my footsteps. Ki didn't clean her feet off either because she's flying. Onora cleaned off her feet, but was flying anyway, so she didn't need too, but she's so perfessional, so I'll give it to her. Ki has insisted that she wants to see Mr Flinter's body at the hospital, even though she has twenty other things to do. She hasn't even cleaned the warehouse floor in two weeks, but that's okay, because I understand where she's coming from.

Unlike me, Onora and Ki do a whole lot of talking. It's like the words roll of like mineral water in the stream, it flows and flows, and drifts. I almost assumed that my presence mattered more than anything that I had to say, because of this...

"Seaborn, why are you tagging along again?" Ki asked.

"Well, I think it's interesting to see the stitches in his throat where he was stabbed. Every scar tells a story if you think about it. He may not be awake to tell it, but you'll see it on him." I say wisely.

"Alright, Third wheel, if you say so." Onora sighs.

This is the unfair life, but it's better to make the best of it. I haven't been called a wheel before, because I haven't actually went out with anyone before the Angel City task.

Ki laughed because she was laughs at life. I think that's remarkable.

"Anyway, we can't be there for long, because I have things to do and tables to turn." Onora says as she flutters up the stairs.

I thought that it was so strange that Mr Flinter was in a deep sleep, connected to odd looking tubes that seemed to be connected to a machine that kept beeping ever so slowly.

"Are you up?" Onora questions quietly after the nurse left the room to do her important nurse work. Mr Flinter's face has multiple bruises on it, and his eyes opened very slowly. "Not..... really." He whispers.

"Great!" Onora pipped, "At least you are able to answer me. Just so you know, I don't want you to worry. Bora saved Flinterwood, it's right back to normal. We don't have to go live on the street like you were concerned about. The man you attacked you, which I know you don't remember, that was Wilda's Father, Mr Quecorn. I told the police about it. I think he might've been arrested."

Mr Flinter, only a little bit awake, gave a weak smile. Then he frowns, "I was attacked."

"Yeah, it wasn't really anything-" starts Onora as Ki interrupts with a "You were messing with the wrong creature. Yeah, Mr Quecorn nailed you really bad. You should've seen your blood all over the floor."

I look at this man, bruised and unable to move. His eyes bearly opening, and not even remembering being attacked, I felt deeply sorry for him. He might never be the same, not unless I save him now. He may be famous for being a bad person, but there's always more to people than what you see.

"Welp," Onora sighs, "I soppose we'll return in two weeks at this time, when you should be better."

Onora certainly seems to have planned this out well. Ki looked at her in confusion, but shrugged it off as her and Onora walk out the door, leaving me alone with Mr Flinter.

"You'll remember everything soon." I inform him.

I see Onora through the corner of my eye, she stopped to turn and face me. "Come on! We have things to do!"