Dolled Up

After explaining what was to be expected of her, Buggy the Clown shrugged his shoulders up, realizing one thing. "Oh shit, toots." He smiled, releasing the muscles in his shoulders. "I never asked for your name."

Mei glanced around the tent as he spoke and looked up at him. "Oh... uh." Mei thought for a moment to possibly lie, make up some random name in hopes to escape and then he would never be able to track her down if he liked her assistant skills too much. But, at last moment of him almost losing patience in the silence, Mei opted to speak the truth. "My name is Mei." Buggy raised an eyebrow, tilting his head, waiting for her to continue. "Mei... what?" She licked her bottom lip before speaking again, "Beck. Mei Beck." He smiled, satisfied with acquiring this information out of her. "Welcome Mei Beck, my new beautiful assistant, to the crew!" He hollered out to everyone working. "On a tight leash, probation. For now." He added on, eyeing her with mischief in his eyes. He had plans for her.

The tent erupted into claps and welcomes, some cheers, some grumbles of slight jealousy at the new forced recruit. "Go get ready, toots. I have some things to go deal with." Buggy turned away, waving for his two right-hand men to follow along as they went to exit the tent.

The one trapeze artist named Marie had acquired a pair of red heels to compliment the dress, she had also offered to fix her hair and do her make-up before the act tonight. "Come on, honey. Back over to your little room." Marie led Mei to the small room with her cage. She cleared off the vanity quickly and pulled a small box out from underneath it. "This is where Buggy keeps his good make-up and supplies. Buggy would kick my ass if he knew I touched his quality stuff, so shhh." Marie held her index finger up to her plush, black painted lips and smiled kindly towards Mei. So far, at least one person was sweet on her. Then again, this was still a pirate that belonged to Buggy's crew, so Mei decided to tread carefully. She smiled back to Marie as she sat down on the stool in front of the mirror. Marie put the box down on a small side table beside them and began rummaging through it, before turning to stand behind Mei. "Hair first, hon."

Marie had brushed any knots out of Mei's medium-length black hair, complimenting the quality of her hair every few moments, possibly jealous at how easy Mei's hair seemed to stay straight with no problem, unlike her own which was voluptuous, bouncy curls that fell from her scalp, unable to be tamed.

She had decided on a half up-do, half down. Two small braids turned to pigtails to pay homage to Buggy in some way, and the rest beautifully laid out against her shoulders. Marie then started to work on make-up. Surprisingly, she was able to cover up the cut carefully with make-up instead of leaving the band-aid. Marie applied a lighter white foundation over Mei's face, beautiful red lipstick that was smudged at the corners to resemble the captains just slightly. She put a small red dot on the middle of the girl's nose, giggling at how cute it looked. Black eyeliner to frame her gorgeous green eyes, and dark blue triangles above and below her eyes. Finally satisfied with her job, Marie looked down at Mei through the mirror, "Whadda'ya think, doll?" She smiled bright. Mei stared at herself in the mirror, looking at the changes. It was kind of cute. And even if he was a total crazy-pants, Mei let a small smile find her red painted lips, thinking of how he was going to love this on her. Her smile dropped, 'Wait, who cares what killer clown thinks?' Mei went to open her mouth and thank Marie, when suddenly, the ground shook with force, the vanity shook and Marie had to hold some items still as the loud BOOMS and CRASHES were heard from outside, it sounded close, yet also far away. Mei could have sworn she also was hearing screams.

"W-What's going on, Marie?!" Mei gasped, glancing around her. An earthquake? Were marines here to save the captures from this wild circus? Mei's breathing sped, looking back to Marie. "O-Oh, nothin' to worry about, doll. Just some... construction happening." Marie smiled as the shaking subsided and things seemed to settle again outside. Mei furrowed her brows, looking down at her hands. 'What just happened?' She thought.