Baratie Part 2

The crew were back in the kitchen of their ship. Mei sat back at the table, while Nami was scolding Zoro. Usopp had gone to retrieve Luffy, and they had just walked in. "You need to convince him to call it off." Nami said, her hands pressed down on the big counter across from Zoro, who was readying his swords for the morning. "I won't do that." Zoro replied, refusing to meet her eyes as he was focused. "Did you see the size of that guy's sword, Zoro?" Mei spoke up, sitting straight. He looked over to her for a moment, before bringing his eyes back to his sword, wiping it down with a cloth. "He will slice you into sashimi." Mei joked, but she was serious with her words.

Luffy stood at the front of the counter. "Okay, what's going on?" He crossed his arms. Mei stood up and walked over to the counter as well, circling it as the others did. "I'll tell you what's going on, Luffy." Nami started, looking over to the young man. "Somebody sent a warlord of the sea to look for you." She looked over to Zoro again. "But instead of getting the hell out of here, your swordsman here challenged him to a duel."

"Which he accepted." Zoro placed his swords all down on the table, and rested his palms down, mirroring Nami's stance. "Zoro, you don't have a chance." Mei piped up, concerned for this outcome. "Tell your first mate hes going to get himself killed." Nami said, staring back at Luffy. Mei had no problem in Zoro being the first mate, she felt he deserved it more anyways. She honestly was just someone who wanted to see her friend succeed.

Zoro scoffed, looking over to his captain as well. "Tell your navigator to butt out." Luffy shrugged, taking a moment to think. "Zoro, m-maybe this isn't such a great idea." He said.

Zoro shook his head, "What did I tell you when I was tied up on that cross, hm?" Luffy gave him a confused look, "What makes you think I want to play pirates with you?" Zoro rolled his eyes at how Luffy's mind worked for a moment. "Oh..." It suddenly dawned on Luffy's memory. "That... you kept a promise to someone, that you'd become the worlds greatest swordsman?" He smiled.

Zoro nodded, "And the only way to do that, is to beat Mihawk and take his title."

Luffy pondered on this for a moment and then nodded, "Then, you need to do this." Mei looked over to Luffy, hitting his arm. "Luffy, we can't let him do this!"

Luffy shook his head, "We have to. It's his dream, and I'm not going to stand in the way of that."

Nami and Mei agreed to not want this happening, but sadly now there was no way any of them were going to talk Zoro out of it.

They ended the conversation, agreeing to rest until dawn hit.

Mei stirred in her sleep, hearing a loud commotion happening outside the ship on the docks. She squinted her eyes open, looking at the clock beside the bed she had claimed. It was just after dawn. Her mind registered at what this commotion was, and she jumped up, gasping. "Oh fuck." Mei had almost slept through the duel. She got out of the bed and pulled her hair into a messy bun as she ran out on to the main deck.

Just as she got there, Mei watched Mihawk slash Zoro's chest with one easy movement. Nami and Usopp were standing behind Luffy, who shouted. "Zoro!" He cried out, as Zoro's body fell on to the dock.Luffy rushed over to his side. Mei climbed down the boat, running over. Nami stopped her before she could get too close. "Oh, my gods!" She stared at the massive slash in Zoro's chest, which was bleeding intensely.

"Luffy D. Monkey." Mihawk started, "What's your goal?" He asked easily with no remorse on what he had just done. Luffy looked up at the man angrily, gritting his teeth as he replied. "I'm going to become the King of the Pirates."

Mihawk scoffed, "King of the Pirates, aye?" He eyed the young man, intrigued by his reply. Luffy's eyes shot daggers back at the man, "Its' what I'm going to do."