Baratie Part 1

[*I did change some things, left the fight with Garp out, for now.*]

The next day after all the excitement in Syrup Village, the ship deck filled with everyone. Nami was up near the door to the lounge, staring off into the sea, watching the sky.

Usopp was practicing his shooting with popcorn kernels into a metal bowl, sitting on a crate on the main deck. Luffy was sitting again on the head of Merry, enjoying the beautiful breeze.

Zoro was leaning against the ship wall, legs crossed. He looked over to Mei, who was rewrapping her hand from the cut she accidentally gave herself the night before. "You good?" Zoro nodded his chin to Mei's hand, and she glanced over at him before looking back down at her hand, fastening the fabric which was a makeshift gauze for now. It had stopped bleeding, and she didn't think it had been deep enough for any stitches. She smiled, happy to see the guy actually show someone kindness of some sort. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Just stings a little still." She shrugged.

Suddenly, Luffy was excited. He jumped up to his feet, holding his hat with one hand and pointing out to the sea with the other. "Hey guys! Look!" He yelled. "I see a massive boat!" He laughed.

Nami pulled out her spyglass from her satchel that was hanging off her shoulders, and pulled it out to look. "Oh, it's a restaurant." She said aloud. Luffy gasped, "That means food!" He hopped off the head to the deck with ease. He was a rubber man, so he was able to do things like this with usual ease.

Mei raised her eyebrows, "I could go for some food." She smiled, looking up at Nami. Zoro shrugged and agreed, "Something to drink would be nice right about now."

Nami sighed, shaking her head. "Fine."

They made their way to the massive boat restaurant, the sign reading 'BARATIE' on top of it. They set anchor, and got off the ship.

The crew made their way into the restaurant, it was busy with many kinds of people and servers. They were quickly seated at a booth table. Mei sat beside Nami in the middle, with Usopp on her left, Luffy and Zoro on Nami's left.

The fishman who sat them, smiled. "Your waiter will be with you shortly." He said, and then walked off.

They all looked around the place, Mei was impressed. It was a beautiful restaurant. Suddenly, two customers, presumably pirates, started a commotion. They were threatening each other loudly. A tall, blonde waiter walked out behind them, holding a plate of bread rolls. "Now, now gentlemen." He smiled, "You know the rules here. We don't waste food, and there's no fighting at Baratie." He had an accent as he spoke. The one pirate looked at the waiter, "This ain't going to be a fight, I'm going to kill him." He threatened. "I'd like to see you try." The pink haired pirate sneered back.

"How about," The waiter started, calm. "I pour you each a glass of Ithurzburger Stein, on the house." The pirates nodded, agreeing. "As soon as this one apologizes." The one said and the other swiftly pulled out a gun. "Over my dead body."

Before the one could shoot, the waiter kicked the gun out of the pirate's hand, and with speed he knocked them both down, with only his legs. He never dropped the plate of rolls.

The crew watched, amused. "Wow, he's a good fighter." Luffy spoke up, smiling at the sight.Mei nodded in agreement. The waiter made his way through the restaurant, speaking apologies to the customers. He stopped in front of their table, setting the bread rolls down, which were immediately being devoured by Luffy. "Hi, welcome to our shitty restaurant, where the only thing worse than the ambience, is the shitty food." Mei raised her eyebrow, looking at Nami for a moment who shared the same look. "My name is Sanji, what can I get for you?" He stood, looking unamused. Luffy, with his mouth full of bread, spoke up. "One of everything, please." Sanji nodded, taking a mental note. "Any drinks? A signature cocktail to help you choke down your meal?" Mei scoffed, "Wow, giving us the hard sell, huh?" She muttered.