Syrup Village

[*This is the longest chapter so far. I apologize, but I had to get through it for the story as Mei is part of Luffy's crew. I tried to rewrite it but also keep it to the LA episode as well. Hoping I can be successful in writing the Baratie chapter a bit shorter, or in two parts. But hey, Buggy will be back ;) *]

Mei walked not far behind the rest of the crew through the busy pier that was filled with beautiful boats. "How much do any of these even cost?" Zoro asked aloud as they watched the talented shipwrights continue to build through the waves of people. Nami sighed, "If you have to ask, you probably can't afford one." Zoro sneered down at the girl behind her back. Luffy piped up, getting excited. "We need to find one with a very impressive figure head," He gestured the size with his arms, as Mei nodded in agreement to that.
"And at least two-" He hestitated in thought for only a second. "No, no. Three masts! And a really high crows nest." He smiled bright. Nami shook her head as they all continued to walk, "Luffy, We're not going to be able to sail a ship anywhere near that size." Mei spoke up, agreeing with Nami. "She's right, Luffy. There's only four of us."

Luffy scoffed, "There's only four of us right now. We'll gain more crew as we adventure the seas!" He announced excitedly into Nami's ear for her to hear him over the bustling of people around them. Mei laughed, shaking her head. "Yeah, only if we can find more weird desperate souls to help us..." Nami raised her eyebrows in agreement to the remark.

Behind them, Zoro shot Mei and Nami a look. "Speak for yourselves." The girls both looked behind them, Mei sticking her tongue out up at the tall swordsman in a childish way.

Nami sighed as they both turned back. "Listen, Luffy. We're going to need something a little less flashy if we want to avoid the marines." Luffy's smile slowly dropped, but he did agree. "Or any others who want to challenge us in any way." Mei sighed.

Luffy started speeding up in his steps, as Nami and Zoro stopped. They both looked around, talking amongst each other. Mei sped up as well, following Luffy. "Hey, wait up!"

Finally catching up to the boy, Mei sucked in a breath. "Over here, Mei!" Luffy called out. He was climbing wooden construction stairs to a boat with a beautiful ram figure head. Mei looked up over at the beautiful boat with awe. "Oh, this is beautiful." Luffy stood front of the ram head, reaching his arm up and touching it gently. "Isn't it? It's perfect." A voice chimed out. Luffy took a step back, confused for a moment. Mei craned her neck to get a better look, hearing the voice. "You can talk?" Luffy asked quietly, and Mei just deadpanned up at him. She knew this boy wasn't always the smartest, but sometimes he could surprise her.

A darkskin tanned boy with a red bandana tied around his head popped up from behind the ship sidewall, leaning over the edge. "Ha, no. That was me." He craned his head to the side to get a better view of Luffy.

Luffy looked around the ram head and smiled at the sight of the other boy. "This ship is amazing!" He exclaimed. Mei took a step closer, "It really is beautiful. What can you tell us about her?" She asked the boy.

He looked down at Mei, and then back to Luffy. "Well, caravel class, top-of-the-line. Ninety=six feet of pure luxury." He licked his bottom lip, as he continued, rag in hand against the boat wall. "Whipstaff rudder, full galley. Cannon decks fore and aft." He kissed his fingers in respect to the gorgeous boat.

Luffy's eyes lit up with excitement and determination as they listened attentively. "Is she fast?" He asked the boy. The boy nodded, "Oh, the fastest." He slapped the side of the boat proudly, "Not a ship in the East Blue can keep up with this baby."

Mei smiled up at the boy. "She's perfect, Luffy." The boys both shared a smile before Nami and Zoro finally found them. "Hey, there you two are." Nami said, Zoro walking behind her.