A CHANGED LIFE - MARKUS

One year later, in 1951, Jane and I were in a long-distance relationship and I had successfully completed my apprenticeship as a detective at the police station. Being apart became such a pain that I decided to move to Wales for her.

We got married in April 1952 and decided to build a house in Bow Street. We were only 23 at the time, but we did not think that age mattered. All we knew was that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. The place we chose to build our house, had a remarkably beautiful view over Aberystwyth. It would be in the middle of nowhere, but that was what Jane and I wanted because it meant that it was peaceful. And Jane really loved nature and flowers and gardening, and you could not get any more nature then actually being in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by fields and looking out over Aberystwyth with its beautiful bay. So we built a house and it turned out to be exactly how we imagined it to look like.

Jane soon opened a small flower shop in Aberystwyth, overlooking the bay, called "Jane's Bouquet". And soon, her flowers became the most beautiful and sought after in Aberystwyth and beyond. People would come from places like Llanelli or even Abergavenny to buy some of Jane's flowers.

And as for me, I became a self-employed private detective. Detective M.C. Krause was what I was known as in those days and I was so good at my job that I solved every case. Well, almost every case that is... There was this one case, this one case that I was never able to solve...