Hip-Hop (intro)

Dear Hip-Hop,

Hip-Hop... you're the art form that acted as a Lazarus pit for my mental health in my darkest moments

The genre that has made me friends I may never had met if I weren't writing rhymes...

My scapegoat, my hobby, my drive, my passion... you are all these things and more to me

Your presence in this world has made my world brighter and I relish your longevity...

50 years... Half a century, how the world has changed, for better and for worse...

But your presence still remains and is now more popular and influential than ever.

Through this project, I wish to honour you and the practitioners in your illustrious craft that have given me the inspiration to embed myself in your community.

I hope that this may inspire many others to fall in love with the genre that has not only entertained me, but saved my life on numerous occasions.

And perhaps I may even inspire the next generation of writers who want to join me and my peers in writing rhymes and spitting rhymes for the next generation to embrace and to cherish.

Thank you Hip-Hop for gracing this world with your majesty over the past 50 years, not just through rap and poetry, but through dancing, fashion, films, broadway, instrumentals and so many other aspects that you have brought society.

I pray that you remain a staple in our lives for generations to come and that 50 years from now, when I'm in my 70's , my grandkids will be embellished in your beauty and reflect on your centenary with the same devotion and love that I intend to affectionately celebrate you with today and forever more.

Manufactured with love and respect

Faithfully bestowed upon you by your humble servant,

Revilo