Chapter 17

- Vidarr's Pov -

"Someone had better start explaining what the hell is going on!" Loki demanded to know as Vesper and I looked at each other "Someone. Start. Talking.Now!"
"I spoke with Dimitri," Vesper announced. I saw Loki's eye twitch. I'm going to need some backup. Not that I care about Dimwit but I do care about Loki. If he does something that is Loki... then I do not want to be him when Mother finds out.
"I'm going home," I announced. Loki didn't even look at me. I think he knew what I was going to get Thor or Vali. Though I think Baldur might have been a good option at this point. Shit, Is he even in Asgard?
"That would be wise brother," Loki spoke as he pushed past me.
"Husband, can we talk in the drawing room?" Vesper whispered.
"Do not do anything too... you brother. Do not go and stab someone." I warned as I grabbed Loki's arm.
"The thought never crossed my mind," Loki yanked his arm away. He and Vesper soon left. As soon as I saw the front door shut, I took off running. I knew that I had to hurry. At this rate, Dimwit is going to be holier than a block of cheese.

- Loki's Pov -

Vesper and I went and sat in the drawing room. As I listened to her explain the afternoon, my mouth flew open. I honestly didn't know who I was more angry with.
"You willingly agreed to talk to him?" I angrily inquired.
"I didn't want to be impolite,"
"It was a dumb thing to do," I sneered. I knew that this was going to lead to a fight.
"You are being unreasonable and faulting me for something that I had no control over!" Vesper yelled.
"You actively put yourself in that man's vicinity. He touched you," I yelled. Vesper's hand went straight to her wrist. While I do hate it when we argue, Vesper looks beautiful when she is angry. I appreciated her fiery Elf nature.
"I had no idea I was going to run into Dimitri and I certainly could not have predicted he was going to be there,"
"Oh really? Even I knew that the Grimwood sponsored the exposition as they do with many events in Asgard but... you didn't? Or did you? Maybe you hoped to encounter Dimitri?" I accused. I then knew that I should not have said that. If looks could kill, I would be dead three times over by now.
"What are you suggesting? That I deliberately set out to see Dimitri?" she demanded as she took a step forward to me. I remained silent "Go on Loki. Tell me. That is what you suspect, isn't it? If that were the case and I would have liked to see Dimitri or had planned some sort of a clandestine meeting with him in a very public place, I might add, then why did I ask Vidarr to accompany me to the museum?" she asked. I had nothing. I did not know that she invited my brother. And I was far too stubborn to admit that I was wrong "Rather hypocritical don't you think? It was you, who was talking about how I should trust you but apparently, you feel no need to trust me," she said in a bitten voice as she suddenly turned and made efforts to get away from me. Here we go again.
"Where are you going?" I wished to know.
"To my mother's! where I will stay until you stop behaving like an inconsiderate, judgmental baboon," she replied with a sharp tone. Vesper slammed the door shut. I could hear her ordering the carriage to take her to her mother's. I didn't follow. I had no right to. Not with the way I just behaved. I should have believed her but my temper or should I say my jealousy had prevented me from reacting in a normal way. And now I had made things much worse than necessary.

I had to do something about that bastard Grimwood in the nearest future for it was clear that nothing was going to be fixed while he was still around. And all I had to do was find him but that wasn't so difficult when I thought about it. Maybe I should drop by the Grimwoods one of these days.

It was well into the afternoon when I decided to pay a visit to the palace. I had expected my brothers to be visiting me. Especially after this morning. I found two of my brothers sitting in the drawing room. Vali was throwing a ball in the air. Vidarr was on a sofa, busy scribbling something on his paper.

- Vali's Pov -

I heard a cough from somewhere in the room, I looked around to see Loki standing at the door. Something is wrong with him. His eyes looked... tired. Vidarr came home earlier and said that we need to be prepared to put Loki on his arse.
"Aww, how endearing. You can't go without seeing your favourite siblings even though you saw me only a couple of hours ago," Vidarr remarked with a smirk.
"You know I could resent that. I always thought I was the favourite," I stopped throwing my ball.
"I have not seen Hela today," Loki countered with a mischievous smile, and Vidarr let out a fake indignant gasp in response, reaching for his heart.
"You wound me, brother. You wound me. Deeply," he said in an affected voice. Seeing that Loki wasn't smiling, Vidarr sat up straight and pointed to the sofa "Park it," Loki sat down next to Vidarr. I glanced at Vidarr briefly in the silence before I broke it.
"What did Loki do now?" I ask. Neither of my brothers answered me. I leaned on the back of a chair and listened.
"She didn't do anything wrong," Vidarr asserted. Loki looked up at Vidarr and nodded but it was a dejected one.
"I didn't let Vesper fully explain so can you please tell me your version of events?" Loki sighed. Oh dear, I'm guessing his temper got the better of him.
"I was running late to the museum. I had a breakfast date with Shelia," I then patted Vidarr's shoulder.
"Oh, you hound. I always knew something was going on between you and the head maid's daughter," I cheered. Loki and Vidarr glared at me. I backed away and went and sat in a chair "Carry on,"
"Anyway, I knew Vesper would be inside the museum so I rushed inside. That is when I saw her with the wonderful Lord Grimwood. They were chatting so I stood a little bit away but still enough to eavesdrop," Vidarr leaned his elbows on his knees.
"What did he tell her?" Loki looked at the floor.
"I think it was something along the lines of that he'd hoped that Vesper would be available when his divorce was final," Vidarr explained. Despite ice running through his veins, I knew that Loki's blood started to boil "She got up quickly after him stating that, but he followed and grabbed Vesper by the wrist," he added.
"And? What did he say then?" Loki wanted to know. His eyes widened and glowed as he got even more angry.
"Listen, I already feel bad enough for eavesdropping don't expect me to dictate to you their entire conversation," Vidarr argued with an exasperated tone.
"Brother, please," Loki pleaded. Loki never begs.
"I would give him what he wants, brother," I whispered into Vid's ear. Vidarr looked at me, warning in his eyes "Dude, I just want to know what is going on,"
"Dimwit said he loved Vesper and that he wanted to fix things between them, and he was adamant as well. For one, he ignored her demand to be let go and that was when I thought it would be best to intervene, so I did. But why are you asking me? I am sure she must have told you," Vidarr frowned.
"She said nothing happened," Loki replied softly.
"Then why are you-" Vidar stopped speaking as he looked at Loki. Loki pinched his lips together as he looked at the floor.
"Oh, you idiot... You didn't believe her, did you?" I accused. Loki didn't answer that question, so that meant yes. Viddar then pinched his nose, scrunching his eyes closed.
"You claim to be a smart man but you are so thick, it hurts my brain," Vidarr ran his hands down his face "I do understand your actions though. I will admit that when I first saw them together, I was a bit suspicious and I had my doubts but when I replayed the incident in my head it was clear, and it should have been clear to you as well, that she did not instigate this. Furthermore, Vesper asked me, to come join her. Not exactly clever if one is intending to have a secret liaison with her former fiancée, is it?" he concluded with eyebrows raised at Loki.
"I shouldn't have doubted her..." Loki admitted dejectedly after a pause. The admission brought upon a jolt of regret.
"So, from what you both are saying, Vesper had not behaved inappropriately in any shape, way, or manner. Had explained that the only reason she honoured Dimitri's request was because she didn't want to be impolite. Furthermore, she had wished to gain distance from Dimitri and told him to release her which proved enough?" I looked at both my brothers. They both nodded. I then look at Loki "Dude. You're an idiot! But now, we have a pressing matter to deal with. What are you going to do about him?" I pointed at Loki.
"I would recommend that you don't do anything stupid. Let things be," Vidar warned "It's not worth it and besides, you will only give him even more reasons to convince Vesper that you are not the right man for her,"
"Plus... I do not want to be you when our mother finds out," I added. Loki said nothing as he got up and left. I called after him "Where do you think you are going?"
"Grimwoods!" Loki yelled as he ran to his carriage. I glanced at Vidarr and he nodded. I jumped off the sofa and ran through the palace.
"THOR! WE GOT A CODE GREEN!!"