Issue #43: New Recruit!

After a few days from the City incident, we go into view inside of a room in Restoration HQ where the Diamond Cutters reside.

Tangle was playing with a paddle ball while Whisper was sipping on coffee.

Lanolin: Our first mission out as the Diamond Cutters was technically a success. It was also nearly a disaster. We.......have a lot to work on.

Gotuce was seen with bandages around his body and arms as they sustained damage from the blast.

Gotuce: Aww! Don't beat yourself down, Lanny. If I weren't there, it would've been a lot worse!

Lanolin: Yes you might be right babe, How did your old team organize itself?

Whisper: 'We were all volunteers. We just......found one another. It wasn't formal until after we organized.'

Tangle: You thinking of recruiting? I mean, The Chaotix does just fine with three members.

Gotuce: I won't always be that way Tangle as if we had more members, then missions may be a lot easier. That's how we do it in the Time Patrol.

Lanolin: Which is why I'd like to diversify our options. More personnel means more ideas, more skills, more-

Lanolin got fed up with the paddle ball and swiped it aggressively from Tangle's tail.

Lanolin:-More options if there are multiple crises like how Gotuce said.

Tangle sulked.

Tangle: You could've said something first......

Then the door was open and a navy blue cat entered.

???: Um.....Hello? Sorry, am I interrupting?

Gotuce notices his ki immediately and furrows his eyebrows.

Lanolin: Yes, But do you need assistance?

Tangle: Hey! You wanna join our team?

Lanolin: Tangle.......

???: Actually, yeah, that's why I'm here. I heard you were accepting volunteers, and well.......I want to make a difference. I want to help our community.

He said this while looking at Lanolin.

???: I want more adventure in my life! I want to make new friends and do amazing things together!

Tangle smiles at this.

???: D-Dont get me wrong! I know what you do is dangerous work. I will take it seriously and I hope to get strong enough to be someone you can rely on.

Tangle pushes his seat in with her tail.

Tangle: Pull up a chair, buddy! What's your name?

Duo: Woah! I-I-I mean......Duo!

Lanolin: We appreciate everyone who wants to help, Duo. But do you have any special skills? Any-

Lanolin noticed that Tangle was going for the paddle again and was about to swat it away before a ki blast knocked it away which startled Duo.

Lanolin:-Any prior experience you could bring to the team?

Duo: Um, well.......I guess I'm pretty nimble? I'm good with computers? OH! I did use a wispon back during the war! Although......guess most folks did, too.........I'm a fast learner with lots of spirit?

Lanolin: Hmm.....

Tangle: Let's give him a shot. I didn't start busting badniks till I met Sonic and our boyfriend, and that wasn't very long ago.

Lanolin: Whisper?

Whisper: 'Better to learn in times of peace. We all have to start somewhere.'

Lanolin: Good point. Plus we wanted to expand our ranks..........Finally, Gotuce?

Gotuce had gotten up from his seat and made his way in front of Duo who began to tremble from Gotuces emposing body.

Gotuce: Hmm......he doesn't look special but he does emit potential.

Lanolin: Then we'd be happy to have you and see to your training, Duo. On a trial basis for assessment, that is.

Duo: Of course! Thank you very much! I won't disappoint you!

Lanolin: Do you already live around here? Are you willing to relocate?

Duo: I......uh.....aheh.....kinda came out here to volunteer first. I didn't exactly think about where I'd be staying.

Lanolin: Gotuce, could you help him find a place to stay?

Gotuce: You got it, Lanny! This way, Duo!

Duo: Th-Thanks again!
------------------
Gotuce had opened the door to Duos room as Duo walked in.

Duo: Wow! And I can just......have this?

Gotuce: Sure! The Restoration has rooms for folks in need. Since you'll be sticking around, make your self at home. I'm gonna grab dinner with my girlfriends but I do have one thing left to say...........

Gotuce closes the door behind him.

Duo: A-And what would that be.

Gotuce began walking towards Duo before bursting into his Beast Form.

Gotuce: Its best if you do t try anything stupid against the one I love..........but if you do........I won't hesitate ripping your head off you body............got that, Mimic?

Duo gasps at this as he was shaking tremendously from Gotuces murderous aura.

Duo: Y-Yes.

Gotuce: Good...........see ya next time.....

With that, Gotuce left the room, leaving Duo with this little threat.