Chapter Two

Sage Gibson

I'm on time the second day of school. My first period is civics apparently. I wander around until I inevitably have to follow the class numbers to find it, room four. It should've been easy but stupid me walked right past it.

I make it to the classroom pretty early, beating a the other kids. The teacher's even gone. So, I look around at all the empty desks and decide for a back row one.

Except, the corner desks are always taken, so I opt for a safer option. I sit at the very last desk down the middle row. My bag rests against my desk and I put my feet in the rack under the desk in front of me.

I'm by myself in the room for quite a bit longer before another person comes. A girl with reddish purple hair is the next one and she pauses in her steps when she sees me. Maybe she hadn't heard about the new kid yet, or maybe she's just surprised I beat her.

Two other girls follow shortly after, talking happily to each other. One is on the shorter side, long black hair, and the other is tall and blonde. They don't even look in my direction as they go to sit down towards the front, never stopping their conversation.

The next person to walk in makes my eyes widen. It's the boy who helped me with my locker. He walks up the row of desks but slows when he sees me there. He looks at the desk I'm sitting in and then slides into the one in front of me.

Suddenly, a horrible thought hits me. Am I sitting in his seat? Oh no, did I steal his desk?

Well great. Just great. First day I'm late, second day I steal the hot guy's desk. Things just couldn't be worse.

He moves in front of me, turning sideways. His legs stretch out in the alley between our rows. I suddenly feel a foot shorter while looking at his long legs. The gene pool is seriously so unfair.

Hot locker guy makes eye contact with me while sitting sideways in his desk. His face is expressionless so I can't tell what he's thinking. He blinks at me a couple times and I realize I might be staring.

Well, shit.

"Uh- hi." I somehow manage to get out from the jumbled mess of my brain. Then I smile. "You're the guy that helped me with my locker. Thanks."

His face doesn't change. "You're welcome."

Damn. His voice is kinda deep and it's smooth. That's so hot. I shouldn't get chills.

Deja vu.

"You weren't in this class yesterday." He blesses me with his voice again. I'm not sure if I'm aupposed to answer that. Was it a question?

"Oh- uh yeah. Yeah, I slept in." I explain. "Missed my first class."

"Oh." He nods his head once.

His eyes flick down over me slowly. He doesn’t even try to hide it. I once again get chills. If I don't stop having this reaction to him, I'm gonna need to start bringing a hoodie to school.

There isn't really much to see. I look like every other boy on the street. My legs are hidden under the desk but he's already seen me standing so that doesn't matter much.