Dean in a bathtub

Heyo everyone!

This chapter is dedicated to banter between Dean and Genesis.
Honestly I was having fun writing this, I hope it will be fun to read as well. If not, I apologize.

On the other hand, the story is starting to pick up a little!

I hope you like it! Feedback and criticism are more than welcome.

(also this chapter was written around 2 a.m. please take that into consideration when reading)

Love y'all :)
pingu (noot noot)

.

.

.

.

.

Avoiding the Winchesters was hard and easy at the same time.

As long as she stayed in one spot, Genesis was safe. It didn't matter where she was. She could be in her room, sitting around in the living room or even outside in the backyard. If she stayed where she was, not moving, she had her peace.

But as soon as she would go somewhere, even if it was only to go from the couch up to her bed, she would surely bump into one of them. That included her trying to go and talk to Bobby, spend some quality time with him. She could barely say two sentences and either Sam needed help with this phone he had from his Dad or Dean couldn't find something he needed to repair the car.

Sam she could deal with. He would say hi or ask her how she was doing, but Dean. Oh Dean got on her nerves alright. It's not that he said much to her, but his eyes were what got her. He would always stare right into hers, only for a few seconds but always very intensely. Or she could feel them following her wherever she went.

Gen couldn't tell if it was on purpose or not, but it was slowly driving her insane. So much she had considered asking him what his deal was a couple of times.

But this time she thought she was safe. She only took a quick trip from her room over to the bathroom to check up on some injuries from her last case, sitting on the edge of the bathtub. They weren't as bad as they initially were and healing up nicely. Still she had to clean them about once day for them to keep doing that.

Turns out she was too excited about making it from one room into the other without running into Dean or Sam that she forgot to lock the door.

The young woman was in the middle of defecting a nasty scratch in the middle of her stomach, when she heard the door open. It was followed by a husky: "Oh..."

Fuck me. Literally.

Genesis didn't even have to look up to know who was standing there. She did anyways and was met by the now very familiar green eyes.

Dean just stared back at her, frozen in his tracks half in the doorway. When he still hadn't moved or said anything a couple heart beats later, Genesis had enough.

Her heart was beating fast in her chest and she felt annoyed enough to swallow her usual awkwardness. Maybe the pain of the disinfectant played a roll in it as well. She narrowed her eyes and almost barked at the blonde man. "Listen, either get in or get out but close that fucking door, man."

Suddenly Dean started to work again. He blinked twice and without really thinking about it he made a decision. He seemed to do that a lot.

"Thank you." Genesis sneered, returning her attention to the wound. Her whole stomach seemed to be on fire and the sharp smell of the liquid was burning in her nose. This was the part she hated most about the job. Apart from all of the people that died and stuff.

Out of the corner of her eye she observed Dean as he first stood around, shifting from one foot to the other, before finally deciding to sit down on the toilet lid. She could still feel his gaze on her. Taking deep breaths didn't work anymore.

She was in pain, Dean had been driving her crazy ever since she got here and her time off at Bobby's hadn't turned out to be quite as relaxing as she had hoped. She couldn't stop herself and looked up at the man again, sounding even less friendly this time.

"Okay, I don't know what your problem is, Winchester, but you need to stop!"

"What?" Dean asked seemingly confused, but it was only a half-hearted attempt. He knew exactly what she meant. Just didn't want to admit it.

"You-" Genesis stopped herself from using insults. That would be too rude. "Just stop with the staring. It makes me mad."

She was done with the scratch on her stomach and moved on to one on her back. That thing had been a pain in her ass all week. It was in a spot that was already hard to reach and then she had to use one hand to pull up her top and the other somehow had to blindly reach the spot where the scratch was located. A grunt escaped as she tried to do exactly that.

"Okay, I'm sorry!" Dean raised his hands, but he didn't sound completely sorry, only deepening suspicion Genesis had had about him doing it on purpose.

That fucking asshole. I swear to god, if he wasn't friends with Bobby I would Genesis had to stop her violent train of thoughts and concentrate on what she was doing.

"I just don't need that right now." She pressed out between teeth. Briefly she had hit the right spot with the disinfectant, but now it hurt and she couldn't find it again, adding to her frustration. Hearing Dean chuckle was her last straw.

"Then what do you need then?" He asked obviously amused.

"Help! I need fucking help okay?" Her outburst surprised both her and Dean. But now she couldn't take it back anymore. That would look even worse, than it already did. She held out the towel dripping with the disinfectant on it and looked the hunter straight in the eyes.

With some hesitation Dean got up and stood next to Genesis, expecting her to move, so he could sit down next to her and still reach her back. But she didn't. His only option was to sit into the bathtub.

It took him a moment to find a way to fit and still be comfortable, but eventually he did. He took the towel from the girls hand and pulled up the shirt just as Genesis had.

He winced at the sight of the half healed cut, that started at her right shoulder blade and reached all the way across to the middle of her back. There were some more old healed up cuts, most of them already fading into white lines.

He put his hand on her left shoulder, gripping it firmly in case Genesis would start moving. Dean knew from experience that defecting something was always worse when someone else did it.

As he expected, Genesis did flinch once he pressed the towel against the wounded skin on her back. His hand kept her steady, pulling her back into position. The next time she tried to squirm away, he was ready.

"Where did you get that?" Dean asked to distract her. This time there was no flirty undertone in his voice, he was genuinely interested. Genesis appreciated that.

"My last job. Stupid vamps didn't go out without a fight." She chuckled and then pointed to her stomach. "The one you saw earlier actually wasn't caused by them. Their house was old as fuck. Tripped and fell into an old, rusty nail that was sticking out of the wall."

"Ouch." Dean shuddered at the imagination of it. He had done similar things and knew how painful any rusty metal object could be when it came in contact with skin. "I hope you burned that house down too."

"Oh, definitely. Had to finish that job properly. Those wankers deserved it." Genesis let out a deep breath, but it didn't help. The pain was still as bad before. Maybe not breathing would help. At least she wouldn't be able to smell that horrible stench anymore.

Dean thought his next question was appropriate to ask. It wasn't.

"Do you really think it's a good idea for you to do this job all by yourself?"

The girl turned around so quickly, Dean almost pressed the towel in her face. Her face was already turning red as she exhaled loudly, before hissing at him. "Sorry, what now?"

Defensive Dean held up his hands, scooting away from her as far as the bathtub allowed. "I didn't mean it like that!" He did. "I mean, even I am not doing the job alone. I have my brother with me, making it a lot easier."

Genesis softened a little, glad he didn't pull the 'because you're a woman' card. Still she narrowed her eyes at the man, lifting a finger. "I'll have you know that I am perfectly okay on my own. I can handle myself." Then she turned back around.

"Sure you can." Dean dared to move back into his old spot and continue cleaning out the wound.

For a moment they sat there in silence until Dean finished his task and climbed back out of the bathtub. "Anything else I should take care of?"

Genesis shook her head. "I can do the rest on my own. Thank you though."

To her surprise, Dean didn't leave yet. He just sat back onto the toilet and watched her as she pulled up her pantleg, revealing two more cuts.

Genesis was about to call him out for staring again, when he suddenly asked another question.

"Do you end up like this often?"

With a sigh, she started weighing out her options. Lie and pretend like this was an absolute rare case or tell him the truth and risk more questions about why she was doing this alone?
She decided to go with something in between.

"Sometimes." She shrugged carelessly. "It's a job risk I guess. Or are you going to tell me you are absolutely spotless after every case?"

The young woman looked up at the guy on the toilet, giving him a crooked grin. It stunned Dean for a second. It was the first time she gave him a smile, as sarcastic as it might be it counted in Deans books. After a second he tried to come up with a good answer, keep her talking. And smiling.

"Of course! Never had anything happen to me in my life." His voice was oozing of irony, widening Genesis grin. Dean smirked back at her. "But no, honestly we look like shit after half the jobs we do as well."

Genesis shook her head, bending down to better inspect her leg, but in the last moment Dean caught a glimpse at her lips which had now turned up into an actual smile. It felt good, like he was getting somewhere with her. But he didn't want to push his luck.

He got up, turning around and opening the door. "I'll leave you to it."

"Mhm"

He had almost closed the door when he heard Genesis call out of him.

"Hey, Dean?"

"Yeah?" He turned around, half expecting her to ask him to stay. Maybe do a couple things it turned out to be the opposite.

"If you tell anyone that I asked you for help, I will show you exactly what I did to those vamps."

Dean couldn't help but swallow heavily at the dead serious look in the girls eyes.

"Yes, Ma'am."

.

.

.

.

.

After their little break through in the bathroom, where Dean was actually able to talk to Genesis like a normal human being, she had thought things would get better between them. Meaning she wouldn't want to wrap her hands around his neck and shake.

But that wasn't the case at all. If anything it seemed to have gotten worse.

Genesis talking to him and even joking around a little seemed to translate to Dean as: Oh my fucking god, you are so hot. Come and fuck me, please.

Now every time they encountered, Dean was flirting with her even more than before. Bad pick-up lines and winks into her direction didn't seem to find an end.

It annoyed her so much, Genesis even considered cutting her vacation short and working a few jobs and coming back in a month or two, when the Winchesters would be gone for good. No more Dean. Just peace and quiet.

She would have packed up her stuff right away if it wasn't for her uncle Bobby. He really seemed to enjoy having his niece around.

Every time she helped him cook dinner or brought him a coffee when he spent too much time on his desk, he would tell her how much he appreciated having her around. She couldn't bare the thought of leaving him now.

So Genesis stuck it out. The Winchesters had to leave at some point, right?

Her hopes seemed to become reality about a week after she arrived. Dean and Sam stormed in, calling for Bobby, who was in the kitchen with Genesis, preparing lunch for the four of them. Originally Gen had planned to spit into Deans food, but that was not an option anymore, considering he was standing right in front of her... on the other hand, wouldn't it be even funnier doing it while he was watching?

"No running in my house, you idjits!" Bobby lectured the boys, but gave up once he saw the upset looks on their faces. He just crossed his hairy arms while leaning against the kitchen counter, waiting for what they had to say.

"We have to leave!" Dean exclaimed without any further explanations, as if he was expecting Bobby to know exactly what he was talking about.

"Why?" Bobby asked calmly.

This time Sam talked, being the calmer one of the two brothers.

"I finally managed to get into Dad's voicemails and found one." He held up a flip phone. "It's from a woman, Ellen. She said she can help Dad, so I traced the number to get her address. We need to go there."

"Ellen?" Genesis looked up from the tomatoes she had been cutting. "What's the address?"

Sam named it, making Genesis eyes light up. She knew the woman and her daughter Jo. She also knew the address. Actually she could find it blind. Bobby knew that too and of course had to tell the brothers.

"Maybe Gen can take you two there. I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

All heads flipped around to Bobby, all with equally shocked expressions.

The brothers because they normally didn't work with people, especially ones they didn't know at all. Genesis because she didn't want to work with anyone. Especially not them.

"Oh, come on!" Bobby sighed, shaking his head at the stubborn youth. "She will just bring you there. After that you can do whatever you want."

Sam and Dean exchanged unsure looks, while Genesis had her eyes fixed on her uncle.

Why the fuck would he do this to me? He knows I hate things like these

"Go, boys! Pack your stuff." Apparently the discussion was done. The Winchesters listened and left the kitchen like two obedient dogs. Meanwhile Genesis stayed, her hands stemmed into her sides, giving her uncle the 'what the fuck' stare.

"Do you want to get rid of me?" She asked pointed.

"No, but I think this will be good for you." Bobby said with a small smile. Completely ignoring his niece he returned to cooking their lunch.

"And with you do you mean me or"

"All three of you! And you will get to see Ellen and Jo again. According to my last phone call with them, they haven't seen you in a while."

That he was right with. Half a year, to be exact. Genesis just hadn't had the time to go there anymore, but she thought about their saloon often. It had -apart from Bobby's house- always been her favourite place to hang out at.

"Fine." She sighed, giving up on the tomatoes. "Guess I'll get ready too then."

"Oh, and kid?" Bobby stopped her before she left the kitchen. Genesis turned around to see her uncles smile had become mischievous. "Make sure Ellen and Jo don't kill them. Last thing I heard Ellen wasn't on very good terms with John Winchester. I don't know if she'll like his sons very much."

"Will do, uncle Bobby." Genesis gave him a salute before leaving the kitchen.

She wouldn't let anything happen to Sam, but Dean... maybe she would just pretend she was too late to save him

.

.

.

.

.