Back on the road

Hey guys!

It's me again! I know it's been a while and I am sorry, but I am focusing on my art a little more at the moment.
I did manage to write another chapter tho so yey to that! I think I'll get going on the next oke tomorrow bc I am kinda excited to write it, you'll see what I'm talking about by the end of this chapter.

Oh and TW's of: Blood, injury, ropes, violence

Thank you for reading and have fun!

.

.

.

.

.

On their time apart, Gen and Sam kept in touch, calling at least once or twice a week. They would talk about the cases they were working, complaining about whatever was bothering them at the moment (Sam mostly bringing up Dean).

Sam would only call when he was alone. He didn't say anything about it, but sometimes he would hang up very sudden and Gen could hear Dean's voice in the back.

She didn't mention it to Sam. She could tell he was doing his best not to talk about his big brother too much, unless he needed to vent. The gesture was appreciated.

Because even after two months and a lot of distractions, Gen still wasn't able to really forget that night with Dean. The more time passed, the more she was able to remember.

A gush of wind in her hair would feel like Deans fingers running through it. When she was tightly tucked into her blanket, it was like she was back int he mans arms...

Her dreams didn't help either. More than once the young woman woke up at night, her face flushed and her breath going faster than usual.

Gen couldn't bring herself to tell Sam about it. That she was still hung up on Dean. That her fear of getting attached had come true.

Sam kept asking how she was doing with it, trying to repress the sound of hope in his voice, but Gen could hear it. And she couldn't bare to disappoint him.

So she told him it was getting better. Only a little, bit by bit. That was enough for Sam to be happy.

„So, where are you right now?" Sam asked.

They were on another call together, both of them lying in the beds of the motel rooms they resided in for the time being.

Gen was playing with one of her knives, twirling it around in her fingers to keep herself occupied. Frowning she tried to answer the question.

„Creek wood... Green wood... Something with wood. It's a small town far up in Washington." The young woman sighed, throwing the knife in the air and catching it between her thumb and index finger. „Honestly I'm not sure. Too many cases, they all start blurring together."

An understanding chuckle was audible from the other end of the line. „Yeah, I get it. Dean is burning through open cases like it's his last day on earth."

„What are you two up to? Ghosts?"

„Yeah... not much going on at the moment. What about you? You got something more interesting?"

„A shape-shifter." Gen turned around, so she was lying on her stomach, almost stabbing herself in the chest. Throwing the knife to the side she said. „So far it's going okay. I've done some research, but it's my first one."

„Oh yeah... we've had to deal with one of those once... got us in a shit ton of trouble." Sam said, sounding amused and annoyed at the same time.

„Oh is that why I saw a country wide bolo for your brother in the police station?"