Chapter 78

BLAKE

All we could do was watch as my mate screamed in pain.

I went to go near her, but her skin was burning up; it was as if I stuck my hand in a fire or something.

Suddenly, Izzy bends over but slowly sits up.

I look around at everyone; there are many worried and frightened faces in this room besides me, but when I look back at my mate again, her eyes fly open. We are not met with her colored eyes or even Puna's, but they are completely back.

Izzy is completely quiet but looks at all of us and smirks. "I knew this would work," says a voice that doesn't sound like my mate.

She cocks her head to one side and turns to look at me. "Mate, I presume," she says in a mocking tone.

"Where are Izzy and Puna?" I growl; I can feel Axel come to the surface; he wants whatever is inside Izzy out.

"What the hell are you?" Growls my father, who has come to my side. I can feel other members watch on but all the men and others nearby.

Izzy moves her head to look at us all individually.

"TELL US," I roar. "NOW."

Izzy smirks. "Keep your pants on, mate of panther; I'm not as evil as you might think. I am here to help you," she says and cocks her head to the side. I am friends with Izzy and Puna; they just fingered out who we are and are happy for my help in explaining some things to you all. Izzy sent that witch to hell, but I noticed Helga latched her emotions to Izzy to help her figure stuff out. Everything in her emotions will help her, but," she says, "She needs to be prepared, as there is a force to be reckoned with, especially when dark magic is concerned."

"You telling us that Izzy will have to use dark magic," says Lena, who moves from behind Dale.

Dale places his hands around her waist to hold her back, but she shakes her head at him.

"I know who you are, and I am honored to meet you," she says, turning to look at us all. "This is Hecate."

I look back at her. "You mean the goddess of magic," I say, but glare at the person who has taken over my mate's body. Whether or not she is a god, she needs to leave.

"HOW?" I say, "WHY?"

Hecate laughs. "Mate of the panther is stunned," she says; once she stops laughing, she turns to me and smiles. "Izzy is one powerful panther, even more powerful than her ancestor," she says. "Let's say I can help right now; she needs to know what is happening and how to defeat what is coming. There has always been another witch in play, but the elder and that pathetic young vampire thought they were in charge, but they were just pawns in their games; they are ancient ones who killed Izzy's ancestors, mate."

She looks at me. "You need to remember, Panthers only have one mate in their lifetime," she says, turning her attention to Graham and hisses at him. "And you hurt a good woman, but she forgives you, as you understood nothing like normal wolves. You just thought with your dick than you actual head."

Graham growls, but Kacey holds him back. "You know he was spelled; why would you bring it up?" She says.

Hecate looks at Kacey. "Ah, the sister," she says and cocks her head to her. "I'm glad you came out. It is so nice to see you be the true you," she says. "I had to tell him, as I know Izzy won't tell him, as she is trying to repair her old wounds and what Helga did to her family. I can make that witch suffer for her crimes."

Hecate looks back at Lena. "You, my dear, need to prepare to help Izzy," she says.

She looks at me. "You young mate, protect that little angel, and as for your mate," she says, "Let her do whatever she needs to do to save everyone; I promise you, your moon goddess will protect her, and she will come back to you."