Chapter 163

IZZY

ALPHA AND LUNA CEREMONY

(PART THREE)

I stared at the door, willing for them to open it, as I was getting more nervous by the second about doing the ceremony.

Puna and I agreed on the way down the stairs that we needed to tell Blake about the pregnancy. My sickness was getting worse, and I had to throw up twice before we came down, and one of them was in a flower pot.

Blake's hand squeezed my hand, and I looked up at him. He smiled. "I am happy we are having a baby," he says.

I smiled.

"Allie keeps on about having a baby sister," I said to him. He nodded. "Well, she might have to wait. We may have a boy."

I glanced at him. Some of the sickness I remembered when carrying Allie. I couldn't eat certain foods like this one. But I was constantly tired with Allie, but this one, I was awake.

"I believe Allie," says Puna. "It's a girl."

I stared at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Why?" I asked.

Puna looked at me and smiled. "Well, I'm getting the tiredness, not you," she says. "I think if I were around when you had Allie, I probably would have taken that burden from you. I know I was around, but the power was blocking me from the pregnancy like it knew I needed to help you somehow."

I nodded.

"It's time," says Blake, pulling me from my conversation with Puna.

The doors opened, and everyone stood up and turned to look at us. I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

My stomach was in knots.

Blake and I walked down the middle of the hall, where people were on each side. I could hear a few murmurs, but nothing stood out.

As we came to the stage, I noticed Alpha Derek was standing there with a beaming smile on his face. Blake helped me get onto the stage and stood in the middle.

Alpha Derek clears his throat. "WELCOME EVERYONE," he shouts.

Everyone looks at him, and all the chattering stops.

"We are gathered here today to place my son and his mate, Izzy, as the new Alpha and Luna of the pack," he says. His eyes scan over the room.

"I am honored to be handing my pack over to my son, Blake. But as we all know, his mate Izzy, your new Luna, was the one who saved us all in the war against all wars. We owe her everything, but we also know she is one Luna that no one should mess with," he says. "So, without distractions, let's get down to business."

Alpha Derek turned, and we looked at him. "Blake, repeat after me," he says. "I, Blake, will be an alpha that will hold everything to the law. I will make sure my pack is well cared for and kept safe from every danger that will come our way. I will be the Alpha that this pack needs and also will take this pack forward into the new light that I will uphold to the best of my ability."

Blake repeated everything, and Alpha Derek repeated the exact words to me. I repeated everything back.

Alpha Derek takes a knife and cut his hand, while Blake does the same. I glanced to the side and noticed that Tilly was in the middle of them. "Time for a fresh change in leadership," she says. "I will now place the new alpha in line."

The ritual didn't take long, and Tilly said a few words. Alpha Derek and Blake joined their hands together, but I didn't realize that Alpha Derek had a wolf tattoo on his chest; as he closed his eyes, so did Blake. The tattoo appeared on his chest of Blake as some blood slipped through onto his shirt.