Chapter 106

AMIR

The trek to the pack was not long, but I knew it would be hard with over five thousand wolves and vampires. They had a common goal, which was to kill the pack.

Rogues only agreed as they hated the pack; many were forced out because they were unsuitable for pack life. Well, most of them have killed for their gain, whether for power or even for a bit of ass.

Nell and I didn't care. We needed everyone; even using Elder Johnson was all our doing. Many thought it was Helga's doing, but Nell kept to the sidelines, doing more dangerous stuff. She was my one and only mate, well, the one I trusted. Helga was a means to an end. She was more powerful than Nell, and we needed her, even if it meant I had to use a potion to make her think we were mates. The potion I took made me feel everything, even when they killed her.

As we walk through the forest, I glance towards the young wolf.

Drake, I don't trust him. He keeps his eyes forward, never looking at any of us. Many of the followers are talking amongst themselves just to pass the time, but Drake doesn't. He just walks and doesn't interact with anyone.

I think he will change sides, especially knowing his mate is in the pack we plan to rage a war against and kill every person there.

I would love to kill him and her. I did not mean for them to be part of this. Drake was supposed to die at the hands of his father, but that pathetic Elder changed the course of action by letting him live.

Making me change his brother was a low blow even for me, but when he was sired to me. I had no choice to do what that little shit wanted, even if it meant hurting everyone in my path.

I glance up and notice Elder Johnson waiting for me.

The mark on his face is black, and it looks sore, which only shows that we are closer to the panther.

As I step closer to him, he joins me as we walk together.

"I don't trust him," he says with a snarl, staring at Drake. I smirk. I can't help but think it was all his fault for bringing him into all this.

"Well, you wanted him here," I said to him with slight irritation.

"I know, but I didn't think you would give him back his mate. I was going to kill her," he says with a hint of a smirk. "I would have made him suffer before all this; he would have done everything for us. I mean, a wolf who loses his mate turns mad; that's what happened with his father when his mother died."

I stare ahead. Elder Johnson has been all talk lately and getting on my nerves. He was easy to manipulate because he believed that every supernatural being had to be mated to their own kind, mainly wolves. When he told me about the panther being mates with a pack member here, I was intrigued, but I knew she was Clara's double when I saw her face. That meant her power had surfaced once again.

Nell killed Clara and had her power to kill anyone who stood against us. But as soon as the power wore away, so did our legacy of us. We wanted to be more powerful.

Using the Elder was a smart move for us. He is useless now, and I know full well that panther will kill him. The mark states otherwise, but I believe we will be the ones on top, especially when we kill that panther and have her daughter.

Having her daughter here with us, we can train her to become a fighter. She will be a killing machine. We would mold her to what we want. Killing her mother would be the main priority.

"Shall we locate the children?" he asks, pulling me from my thoughts.

Ah, the children, he means the young panther and also the hybrid child.