Chapter 164

BLAKE

FOUR DAYS LATER

I was sitting in the driving seat, driving back to the pack. I couldn't help but feel so happy and content with my life. I glanced over to the passenger side and saw Izzy had nodded off.

I smiled.

I looked back to the road but quickly glanced in the review mirror at Allie, who was also sleeping in her seat.

The cabin trip was perfect, and we all had a fantastic time. Allie had the time of her life and even tired herself out by eight in the evening. We did loads of trail walks and also swam in the lake. I needed to spend time with Allie and Izzy before Izzy, and I began our roles as Alpha and Luna.

We had been on the road for an hour but had to stop twice for Izzy to be sick. The pregnancy is affecting her system. She still can not sleep, but Puna seems to sleep more for them.

I mind-linked the pack doctor, who told me it must be because of the power that has gone as it isn't there anymore. Her ability was based on feelings and emotions, so being pregnant, she would have to feed it everything she felt throughout the pregnancy. The pack doctor told me to monitor her, but if she can not sleep tonight, he can give her something.

"Are we there yet?" comes a voice from the side of me. I turned to look at Izzy, who was leaning back but staring at me with a smile.

"Not long, love," I said. I placed my hand on her thigh and gently squeezed. She closes her eyes and looks around at the scene.

We just came onto the pack grounds, and a few people were enjoying the sun. "Are we announcing to the pack about the baby today?" she asked with a yawn.

I smiled.

"We might as well," I said as I looked over at her and turned back. I pulled up outside the pack house where my father and mother were waiting for us.

I stopped the car and turned to look at Izzy.

"You feeling ok?" I asked as I placed my hand on her flat stomach.

Izzy smiled.

"I'm fine," she says. "I mean, we both are fine. I wish this little monkey would let me sleep and eat." She sounded defeated; she was having a hard time.

Before I could say anything, "my baby sister is a monkey," said a small voice. I looked over the passenger seat to find Allie staring at me with a massive grin on her face.

"You know, you may have a brother instead of a sister," I said to her. Allie made a face. "Nope, a sister."

Izzy laughed. I looked at Izzy. "you know Alpha's have sons first," I said.

Izzy stopped laughing but stared at me. "Well, this might be a first for alphas then," she said.

Is there something she's not telling me? I wonder if she knows, but my mother told me it is too soon to know the sex of the baby yet.

Axel stirs, and when I look back at him. He had a big grin on his face. "I would like another girl," he said. "Especially if they look like mate and Allie."

I nodded, but said nothing. I looked back at Izzy, who had an amused look. "Axel agrees, huh," she says.

I grinned.

In all fairness, I would love whatever we have; just as long as the baby is healthy, I would be happy. And thinking of having a girl before a son, I like the sound of being different.