Chapter 149

IZZY

THREE DAYS LATER

I can't help but stare at the phone.

Worry was setting in.

Blake hasn't been in touch. Well, that wasn't true. He has been ringing me back, but I have been busy. We have been missing each other's calls.

"He will ring," says Dale, pulling me from my thoughts.

I looked up at him, and he had a smile plastered on his face.

We have been working non-stop in the office since Allie's birthday. I didn't realize that there would be so much work to do, but with Dale's help, I was managing everything.

Alpha Derek has been in a few times, but he has been quiet.

Dale mentioned what had happened to some of the pack members here, that they were taken for food for the vampires at the hands of the Elder. I wasn't pleased and even gave Alpha Derek some words that he wasn't too surprised to hear.

Blake must have said something to him.

Dale also mentioned that Alpha Derek was in the doghouse with Luna Lauren. Apparently, she ripped him a new arsehole, and they both have been finding out how the missing members were taken from the pack.

Alpha Derek dropped off the list last night, and I was shocked to believe how many were taken; over twelve members were taken. Dale messaged Alpha Dawson the numbers, and he would send the pack members back for burial as soon as they worked out who they were.

Sadness swept over me; no one deserved to be treated like that, whether they had a family or not. Every pack member had a family, the pack.

"Earth to Izzy," calls Dale once again.

I shook my head, "sorry," I said. I looked at my brother, who had a weird look. I couldn't help but frown. "What?" I asked him.

Dale stares at me for a moment but sighs. "Nothing, I know where your head went, and it was on the pack members again, wasn't it?" he asks.

I nodded, but said nothing back to him.

Dale sighs, "Izzy, what's done is done. All we can do now is learn from what the older generation did and be better," he says. I couldn't agree more with what he said.

I stared back at the phone, willing for Blake to ring me.

Dale laughs. "Keep looking at the phone; it will soon talk back to you," he says.

I look up at him and smirk. Puna stirs, but she was in a fit of giggles when I look back.

"Mate will ring," she says after she calms down.

I nod and stare back at her.

Puna and I have been on edge since Blake left. But we hashed it out about what I said. Even though I regretted what I said at the moment, Puna knew it was mainly because everyone targeted me. I leaned back in the chair and glanced toward the window.

All the pack members were busy outside. Luna Lauren told me she made headway with the ceremony and even sent out invitations to all Alpha's and Luna's to attend. I had never felt so nervous in my life.

My stomach turns whenever I think about it, so I try to get my brain to forget about it and think about something else. But that ends typically back at Blake.

My stomach turns again. I have been feeling slightly nauseous lately, but never sick. Putting it all down to stress about Blake and everything, I again ignore the feeling. I was about to open my mouth when a knock on the door erupted around the room.