Chapter 138

IZZY

I watched Allie play with Kacey while Charley and I sat on the side.

"You okay?" asks Charley.

I look over at her, but she smirks. "I have to say, the bruises are slowly fading, but they are questionable."

I blush slightly, "thanks for noticing."

Charley laughs. "I guess you and Blake had a wild night last night," she says.

I smirked but said nothing to her.

"Kacey and I walked to Kat's house last night, and we could hear Allie's screams when we were going past," she says with worry. "I must admit, it sounded like someone was murdering her."

I could feel the pit of my stomach twist. Allie shouldn't have seen what she saw; she's too young. She has seen more horror in her little lifetime than any child her age should.

"I want to ask Lena to take the memories away as she did with me," I say to her, but I keep my eyes on Allie and Kacey. "I had trauma to deal with; what the hell Allie witnessed was brutal and killing of people she loved."

Charley stays quiet for a moment but sighs. "It's hard to think about, but with time and guidance, she would be okay. Maybe take her to get some therapy."

I look over at her with raised eyebrows. "You are telling me not to take away her memories; you were all for me doing it," I say.

Charley looks at me. "I know, but your power was so intense that it would affect everyone around you. You probably would have set us all alight without meaning to. You needed them to go, but Allie is young and can get over it with time. There is no more danger, and she has more family to help her."

I stared at her for a moment, but she carried on, "You had no one but Lena and me for a while. We became your family, but the power you had would have led every single bad guy to us. That was the main reason we were all for it," she says.

"What are you two talking about?" calls Kacey as she walks over to us. I glanced up and noticed Archer had run over and had taken Kacey's place. Kacey wasn't on her own; Lena and Kat had joined her.

I smiled at them as they all sat on the ground where Charley and I were sitting.

"Izzy wants to take Allie's memories away about the war," Charley says before I can say anything.

I frown at her.

"Why?" asks Kacey. "I think she can get over it with time. I mean, she is young but also strong, too."

I looked back at her, but I glanced at Kat and Lena.

"What do you two think?" I asked.

Lena stays quiet, but Kat speaks. "I think we should give her a few more days to adjust; it has only been one night, Izzy; they might go," she says.

I look toward Lena, but she doesn't make eye contact.

I frown. "I was just thinking about it," I say to them. I know I was lying and judging Lena; she knew I was too.

"Allie will get over it," says Puna, who has been asleep most of the day; damn night with mate had her worn out. Well, my body has something to say about it.

I stared back at her but said nothing.

Her green eyes bore into mine, and she cocks her head to the side. "Izzy, Allie will be fine. She needs time and help."

I stay quiet. But I look back at everyone, and I am about to say something when his scent wafts towards my nose and has my insides dancing around as they want him more.