My fair Sticksy

Meteors are raining down on the village, making the villagers running in fear. 

 Me and the others noticed it while watching.

"Meteors are shooting stars. We shouldn't be running. We should be making wishes! I wish for a pony!" Amy said with glee.

"And I wish you'd take cover," Sonic said in a rush.

Sonic grabs Amy's arm and runs for cover, the rest of us follow them. 

A meteor hits where we just left. 

Now we're under the shelter of a building.

"How come your wish came true?" Amy whines as Sonic smirks.

"Should I use my meteor defense system?" Sticks asked.

"You have a meteor defense system?" Tails said in confusion.

"I have defense systems for all sorts of junk. (Taps some nearby levers) Wildfires, floods, people trying to read my thoughts," Sticks said.

"Yeah, start with the meteor one," I commanded.

Sticks takes aim at an incoming meteor, and pulls a lever. 

A series of wooden paddles pop up and start swatting the meteors away.

"The 'people trying to read my thoughts' one is exactly the same, but with tinfoil trim," Sticks informed.

After the meteor shower, we walked to Tails' house for a hang out and Sticks came in with a letter in her hand.

"Someone left this at my house," Sticks said as she showed us the letter.

"Yeah, the mailman. It's a letter," Sonic said.

"(Sniffs it) Letter, huh? I don't know. Paper folded over itself? What's it hiding? What's it hiding?" Sticks questions.

"(Grabs the letter from Sticks and opens it. She then gasps in surprise) Sticks, you've been nominated for an Awardy Award!" Amy exclaimed.

"They really need a better name for that thing," Tails said, sarcastically.

"Ooh, lemme see! (grabs the letter, puts on some reading glasses, then looks closely) Oh wait, I can't read," Knuckles said.

Sonic grabs the letter from Knuckles and decides to read it out loud.

"In honor of saving our village, the Mayor cordially invites you to the Awardees. Huh, conveniently, you can also bring your four closest pals including a very special person. The awardees will be at the Mayor's Mansion. You'll dine on elegant food and mingle with elegant guests. After which the Awardy Award will be awarded to the winner," Sonic read.

"Which could be you," Sonic exclaimed as he turned to Sticks.

"I can't make it," Sticks said.

"What? Why not?" Amy asked.

"Well, you know, I'm slammed this week! See? (Opens a scheduling book) 'Tuesday: Rummage through garbage. Wednesday: Rummage through garbage. Thursday: Get tetanus shot. Friday: Rummage through garbage.' I'm booked solid!" Sticks replied.

"This is the honor of a lifetime!" Amy exclaimed.

"Yeah, you might even win a shiny trophy! You love shiny things!" Tails said.

"I do love shiny things! But, no! No! Uh-uh! Nah!" Sticks said, denying.

"Sticks... are you afraid to go?" Amy asked.

"Afraid? No! Of course not! No way. Nuh-uh. Nope! A little," Sticks replied, honestly.

"Sticks, there's nothing to fear," Amy said.